Maximum Order Requests per second/hour/day on FIX API

Created at 27 May 2023, 20:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lisandronahuelh

Joined 30.04.2022

Maximum Order Requests per second/hour/day on FIX API
27 May 2023, 20:17

Is there any limit to the number of orders and changes to those same orders that can be sent in any given period to the server? Example: open trade, move SL, move TP, add size, reduce the size, send STOP pending order, send LIMIT pending order, move pending orders, etc.

If there is any limit to the number of requests that can be sent to the server, what happens to the account that reaches such a limit?

Thanks in advance.

@lisandronahuelh
Replies

ctid1980098
28 May 2023, 18:43

RE:

Hi, Not that I am aware off. There may be a server limit to prevent some kind of abuse but I have not encountered such a limit. 

I have sent orders exceeding 80 orders to move sl with every tick and all messages get sent fine. I have sent hundreds of requests every second or less 

and have never seen any throttling or any kind of maximum requests message. 

@ctid1980098

lisandronahuelh
09 Jun 2023, 00:52

RE: RE:

ctid1980098 said:

Hi, Not that I am aware off. There may be a server limit to prevent some kind of abuse but I have not encountered such a limit. 

I have sent orders exceeding 80 orders to move sl with every tick and all messages get sent fine. I have sent hundreds of requests every second or less 

and have never seen any throttling or any kind of maximum requests message. 

Thank you very much for your answer. I was thinking because I want to update the SL a lot of times per second with a cBot, so your answer clarifies this.

@lisandronahuelh