Using cTrader Windows App to connect to a FIX Broker

Created at 08 Mar 2023, 12:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

heinrich.munz

Joined 21.11.2020

Using cTrader Windows App to connect to a FIX Broker
08 Mar 2023, 12:05

(How) is it possible to use cTrader Windows App to connect to another then the default FIX Broker?
The FIX-API Settings are read-only and cannot be changed ?!

Thx

@heinrich.munz
Replies

ctid1980098
09 Mar 2023, 09:34

RE:

Hi heinrich.munz

As far as i know you cannot change the ctrader windows app to connect to another FIX broker. 

FIX API allows you you design/program your own application and connect to multiple ctrader fix accounts via different brokers. 

As you rightly say the windows app ctrader fix credentials are read only. 

FIX is used to achieve low latency and connect to multiple ctrader broker accounts by programming your own application. 

for example, this is the application i built for a client who wanted the ability to buy across all his accounts simultaneously from one custom interface using FIX API. 

@ctid1980098

iliketurtles
17 Mar 2023, 19:53 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE:

ctid1980098 said:

Hi heinrich.munz

As far as i know you cannot change the ctrader windows app to connect to another FIX broker. 

FIX API allows you you design/program your own application and connect to multiple ctrader fix accounts via different brokers. 

As you rightly say the windows app ctrader fix credentials are read only. 

FIX is used to achieve low latency and connect to multiple ctrader broker accounts by programming your own application. 

for example, this is the application i built for a client who wanted the ability to buy across all his accounts simultaneously from one custom interface using FIX API. 

Could you provide your contact, i am interested of this application you built. Thanks

@iliketurtles

ctid1980098
20 Mar 2023, 14:51

RE: RE: RE:

iliketurtles said:

ctid1980098 said:

Could you provide your contact, i am interested of this application you built. Thanks

Sure. You can contact me here: hvfixapi@gmail.com

@ctid1980098