Accessing multiple brokers in a single session

Created at 25 Jan 2023, 22:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GR

Groenewald.a.m

Joined 15.03.2022

Accessing multiple brokers in a single session
25 Jan 2023, 22:02

I would like to know if it is possible to access multiple brokers in a single python session using the twisted libraries provided by cTrader. The idea is to get 'tick volumes' from different brokers and aggregate them to build a reasonable volume profile.

If I set up two clients only the latest one receives messages - I suspect it is because both are configured to listen to the same port. I think should be able to work as two different servers communicate via the same port. Any guidance will be appreciated. 

with open("ICMarketsDemoPriceConfig.json") as configFile:
    config = json.load(configFile)

client1 = Client(config["Host"], config["Port"], ssl = config["SSL"])
# Setting client callbacks
client1.setConnectedCallback(connected1)
client1.setDisconnectedCallback(disconnected1)
client1.setMessageReceivedCallback(onMessageReceived1)
# Starting the client service
client1.startService()

#twp.writePriceDataDump()
# you can use two separate config files for QUOTE and TRADE
with open("skillingDemoPriceConfig.json") as configFile:
    config = json.load(configFile)

client = Client(config["Host"], config["Port"], ssl = config["SSL"])
# Setting client callbacks
client.setConnectedCallback(connected)
client.setDisconnectedCallback(disconnected)
client.setMessageReceivedCallback(onMessageReceived)
# Starting the client service
client.startService()

@Groenewald.a.m
Replies

ctid1980098
30 Jan 2023, 10:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Hi, 

I was also looking for a solution to this for a client and struggled to achieve this solution with the twisted libraries. Eventually I gave up and decided to write the application from scratch using a synchronous setup finally was able to aggregate brokers tick volume using my own custom methods instead of twisted. Something like below is what i delivered to a client. Also curious to see how this could be done with twisted though. Personally i found working with the twisted libraries difficult and caused many issues that I was unable to solve. Maybe because i'm still a novice coder. :) 

@ctid1980098