Take Profit and Trailing Stop Loss

Created at 16 Feb 2022, 00:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

sim.bianc.gns

Joined 14.01.2022

Take Profit and Trailing Stop Loss
16 Feb 2022, 00:09

Hello, I've a question: is there a way to send a market order with relative take profit and relative trailing stop loss?
In the documentation in the New Order Single there are no fields to do it, while in the Execution Report some fields are dedicated to them (1001, 1003, 1004). I've tried to put those fields in the New Order Single, however the message is considered incorrect.

@sim.bianc.gns
Replies

amusleh
16 Feb 2022, 08:23

Hi,

You can't send a new order request with take profit or trailing stop loss by using FIX API.

I recommend you to use cTrader Open API for that instead of FIX API.

@amusleh

ronald.muldrow
03 Jun 2022, 19:49 ( Updated at: 03 Jun 2022, 19:50 )

Are there any plans to add this functionality? Or is there some kind of limitation that I don't know about? This is a very important feature for us, using the Open API just for that seems weird.

@ronald.muldrow

amusleh
06 Jun 2022, 08:18

Hi,

No, there is no plan to add this, trailing stop loss is a cTrader specific feature not part of FIX standards.

As I said on my previous post, if you want to have access to all the cTrader features then use Open API.

@amusleh