What are the sequence of FIX messages for realtime market data subscription?

Created at 01 Mar 2021, 11:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JI

jiminparky

Joined 01.03.2021

What are the sequence of FIX messages for realtime market data subscription?
01 Mar 2021, 11:31

Could anyone give an example of what sequence of messages should be sent to subscribe for real-time market data?

For example, do I need to log-on first? I know FIX is implemented differently by FIX providers and I have no clue what exact messages cTrader expects.

@jiminparky
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Mar 2021, 12:05

Hi jiminparky,

You just need to login (MsgType(35)=A) and then subscribe to market data (MsgType(35)=V). Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jiminparky
01 Mar 2021, 16:45

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi jiminparky,

You just need to login (MsgType(35)=A) and then subscribe to market data (MsgType(35)=V). Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Could you give me two actual FIX request messages for this with the password masked out of course. I find that in the past different FIX providers always implement these differently.

@jiminparky

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Mar 2021, 20:38

Hi jiminparky,

You can find examples of request messages in our Rules of Engagement. You can also use our sample application to generate such FIX messages.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous