do VPS services use FIX api? When might I want to use a fix api? I`m wanting the fastest speeds

Created at 19 Dec 2020, 12:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

EagleMoxy

Joined 21.10.2015

do VPS services use FIX api? When might I want to use a fix api? I`m wanting the fastest speeds
19 Dec 2020, 12:26

I`m a bit confused, 

I`m assuming if I use ctrader automate via my broker icmarkets that I will have a fix api from their Ctrader Web to the liquidity provider.

I`m also looking at using a VPS as recommended by Spotware to install Ctrader automate on one of those VPS services near the exchanges, to run my algo`s. Assuming that would be a faster execution set up than the webtrader for algo`s. 

In that case do I need to do anything with FIX api`s to gain the fastest speed possible?

In what situations would it be an option to use the FIX api? 

I am not a broker, just an individual trader.

Thank you.

@EagleMoxy
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Dec 2020, 08:30

Hi EagleMoxy,

To use cTrader FIX API, you need to use your own custom made application. cTrader uses a proprietary protocol for communication, which is equally fast to FIX API.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

EagleMoxy
23 Dec 2020, 00:29

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi EagleMoxy,

To use cTrader FIX API, you need to use your own custom made application. cTrader uses a proprietary protocol for communication, which is equally fast to FIX API.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Ok I just wanted to know I was trading at the best speed possible, thanks Panagiotis. I`m still getting my head around the set up here.

If I go with a broker like icMarkets in Sydney, they use Ctrader Web platform etc, then I am effectively using Ctrader web via the Ctrader servers correct? Which in turn use something proprietary (or Fix) to connect with liquidity providers and exchanges correct?

If I want to run cbots, I would install the local copy of Ctrader on BeeksVPS London. Are the bots encrypted at compile time? Or can the code be read by anyone snooping into the VPS server? 

cheers,

EagleMoxy

@EagleMoxy

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Dec 2020, 08:24

Hi EagleMoxy,

Yes this is correct. Our servers are connected to LPs via FIX. Regarding the encryption connection, I have replied in the other thread.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

EagleMoxy
03 Jan 2021, 13:05

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi EagleMoxy,

Yes this is correct. Our servers are connected to LPs via FIX. Regarding the encryption connection, I have replied in the other thread.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

awesome thankyou Panagiotis.

@EagleMoxy