Sample Java app

Created at 06 Nov 2019, 11:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CE

Cenenti

Joined 28.11.2018

Sample Java app
06 Nov 2019, 11:36

Anybody here working on a Java app using FIX that will be willing to share their source code?

Very new to all this stuff and worked through available examples but they seem to be all over the place and the online help is even worse with plenty of dead links and old versions etc.. I've managed thus far to get some of the things working but still run into plenty of errors and to be honest, I think I'm in way over my head at this stage.

I'm just looking for a simple basic app to show how it all fits together.

Thanks

@Cenenti
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Nov 2019, 11:50

Hi Cenenti,

Spotware does not have a Java sample for FIX at the moment. If any community members have one, we would be happy if they share it. Can you please provide me with more information about 

the online help is even worse with plenty of dead links and old versions etc

Which links and old versions are you referring to?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Cenenti
06 Nov 2019, 12:34

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Cenenti,

Spotware does not have a Java sample for FIX at the moment. If any community members have one, we would be happy if they share it. Can you please provide me with more information about 

the online help is even worse with plenty of dead links and old versions etc

Which links and old versions are you referring to?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis

Some dead links here  https://connect.spotware.com/docs/open_api_2/protobuf_messages_reference_v2 and some others I found, will see if I can trace them and will add them here.

I have however found the correct links further in the article since posting. In regards to the old, the one Fix api example has not been updated in 4 years so not sure whether the information is still relevant or not.

In regards to the examples, I guess they might be easily understandable for an avid coder but for somebody starting out they are a bit of a nightmare as there are few actual working examples, that I could find, that actually give a proper and chronological breakdown of how everything fits together especially on how everything should be setup. Simple things like where do you place your logging credentials to be used etc..

I know that when it comes to coding that figuring things out are often a large part of the process and I know I will get there eventually and get this app of mine done I was however just asking for a more coherent example from which I could learn and work from if such are available.

@Cenenti

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Nov 2019, 12:39

Hi Cenenti,

Thanks for the links, we will fix them. You posted under the FIX API topic but it seems you are talking about the Open API. Can you please clarify which API do you want to use? The only sample that is up to date and maintained at the moment for Open API this the Open API 2.0 .Net Sample.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Jan 2020, 08:46

Hi kerrifox19,

The links have been updated

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous