Host address changing

Created at 07 May 2018, 13:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KA

KaYteck

Joined 07.05.2018

Host address changing
07 May 2018, 13:16

Hello,

I have a problem with host name/address for Fix Api connection. I don't know why but an address is changing from time to time. For the same account I see h50.p.ctrader.com and later (after an hour or so) I have a different address: h18.p.ctrader.com. After some time address is switching again to h50... Why is address changing so often? Is any rule for address change? How to prevent further changes?

Thank you,

@KaYteck
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2018, 17:14

Hi grzegorczyk.info,

These are proxy servers and the host names change based on which proxy server provides the fastest connection at the moment. You cannot prevent this, it is an automatic feature of cTrader. Do you access the same account always from the same location or do you change locations often?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

KaYteck
07 May 2018, 17:38

Access is from the same location. When do you check 'fastest connection'? During login to account or periodically? If it is time triggered - how often?

Thank you,

@KaYteck

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2018, 17:44

Hi grzegorczyk.info,

At the moment, I do not have the exact details of the implementation, therefore I will need to consult the product team how it is working exaclty and if we can disclose the method. Why do you need such a detailed information?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

KaYteck
07 May 2018, 17:56

Simple - because changing the host address causes the crash of my code. The code is working all the time in the background and when the address is changed I don't know what is a new address. The connection is lost and reconnection is refused.

Thank you,

@KaYteck

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 May 2018, 09:25

Hi grzegorczyk.info,

Host address should still be working even if cTrader client uses a different one. There are many proxies available for each broker concurrently and cTrader chooses the best to connect based on location and connectivity. However, this should not affect your FIX connection. If this is not true, let me know to check this further.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous