Must support Tag 279=1 (Change) for incremental refresh

Created at 03 Jan 2018, 00:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

olddirtypipster

Joined 18.04.2014

Must support Tag 279=1 (Change) for incremental refresh
03 Jan 2018, 00:09

Currently, in my marketdata response stream, I can only differentiate between new orders and orders that were deleted from the orderbook. This is due to the fact that the current FIX specification only supports 279=0 (New) and 279=2 (Delete).

Thsi is insanity, as these are not the only events that take place during trading! Orders are also updated, and for the data to make sense, you must also be able to determine what orders were changed as well.

If you can only see new and deleted orders, how is the user supposed to accomodate for a price level whose volume was updated?

Cumone spoteware. Up your game and allow your users to have full transparancy of the market data. Currently, without this ability to see market updates, a vital piece of info is missing, rendering the market data stream practically useless!!

I vote that in the next iteration, the following Incremental Update response should support:

279=0 (New)

279=1 (Update)

279=2 (Delete)

@olddirtypipster
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2018, 10:53

Hi olddirtypipster,

Thanks for taking the time to post this suggestion. I will communicate it with the team responsible for FIX API for consideration.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

olddirtypipster
03 Jan 2018, 21:53

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi olddirtypipster,

Thanks for taking the time to post this suggestion. I will communicate it with the team responsible for FIX API for consideration.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Brilliant. I look forward to having this feature enabled on future FIX specification releases.

@olddirtypipster