cAlgo Beta 2.01 - Can't Link Live Trading Accounts

Created at 31 May 2017, 06:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 29.06.2016

cAlgo Beta 2.01 - Can't Link Live Trading Accounts
31 May 2017, 06:19

I uninstalled cAlgo (performance reasons) and re-installed. However, Software downloaded updates automatically and now I've got cAlgo (Public Beta) 2.01. UNFORTUNATELY, it now doesn't show my linked LIVE TRADING ACCOUNTS. I went to cMirror and entered my cTrader ID and password and lo and behold - my LINKED LIVE ACCOUNTS were there.

So, the short answer is this:

1. The LIVE ACCOUNTS are still linked to my cTrader ID

2. I still have the linked accounts on another computer running cAlgo - but note that it's running cAlgo 2.01 NOT cAlgo (PUBLIC BETA) 2.01.

3. There is clearly a bug in the beta but when I remove it from my PC and reinstall from an earlier installation program, I'm AUTOMATICALLY upgraded to cAlgo (PUBLIC BETA) 2.01.

I DON'T WANT A BETA WITH BUGS - I WANT A PROGRAM THAT RUNS.

@1013749
Replies

#EOL
31 May 2017, 10:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Well... It has nothing with FIX protocol but anyway

As far as I see, "(PUBLIC BETA)" in the header means that you downloaded cAlgo that connects to Spotware's public demo server, while you should download cAlgo, branded and configured for your broker. Just contact your broker for download link or go to cTrader/cTrader Web and find it by yourself under Links->cAlgo

@#EOL

31 May 2017, 11:51 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

#EOL said:

Well... It has nothing with FIX protocol but anyway

As far as I see, "(PUBLIC BETA)" in the header means that you downloaded cAlgo that connects to Spotware's public demo server, while you should download cAlgo, branded and configured for your broker. Just contact your broker for download link or go to cTrader/cTrader Web and find it by yourself under Links->cAlgo

Thanks for that. It was the answer.

Could I add though that nowhere did I see that downloading the installer from Spotware's site was not correct. Might I suggest that there be some sort of warning so that others who are confronted with the same issue don't have to suffer the anguish and frustration that i did.

@1013749