FIX API example Send Heartbeat

Created at 30 Mar 2017, 11:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

mindbreaker

Joined 19.07.2014

FIX API example Send Heartbeat
30 Mar 2017, 11:50

Hi Spotware,

In fix api example when i hit Send Heartbeat button after login everything freezing and sometimes shows send socket error message. It is not first time.

What is wrong with Heartbeat request or wah tis with server?

And why there no queue for message ? When i hit cople buttons in short time application will crash.

Thanks.

@mindbreaker
Replies

Spotware
30 Mar 2017, 12:06

Hi mindbreaker,

Get the latest code from GitHub. Heartbeat issue is solved

And why there no queue for message ? When i hit cople buttons in short time application will crash.

The example's purpose is to demonstrate how to construct, send and receive a FIX message therefore it was kept as simple as possible. It does not have any practical use therefore there is no need to implement queueing or other mechanisms that would complicate the sample. 

@Spotware

mindbreaker
30 Mar 2017, 12:28

RE:

Spotware said:

Hi mindbreaker,

Get the latest code from GitHub. Heartbeat issue is solved

The example's purpose is to demonstrate how to construct, send and receive a FIX message therefore it was kept as simple as possible. It does not have any practical use therefore there is no need to implement queueing or other mechanisms that would complicate the sample. 

It works but if i hit logon message after login system crashing.

@mindbreaker

mindbreaker
30 Mar 2017, 13:01 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

But does not work on fxpro accounts. Why?

For wath is it if works only on spotware demo :D:D:D

@mindbreaker

mindbreaker
30 Mar 2017, 13:02 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

@mindbreaker

Spotware
30 Mar 2017, 14:50

Hi mindbreaker,

FIX API works for all cTrader accounts. Can you please check again the host name through your cTrader FIX API credentials?

@Spotware

mindbreaker
30 Mar 2017, 15:39

RE:

Spotware said:

Hi mindbreaker,

FIX API works for all cTrader accounts. Can you please check again the host name through your cTrader FIX API credentials?

Now show h23.p. but it works :) Thanks

@mindbreaker