Bug in cTrader account statement - withdrawal amount total

Created at 29 May 2024, 11:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JK

jkurrat

Joined 24.10.2023

Bug in cTrader account statement - withdrawal amount total
29 May 2024, 11:41

When creating an account statement for a specifc time period, for example for last year, in the statement it will show all deposits and withdrawals during that time period in the section “transactions”. The last section of the statement “summary” shows the total deposit and withdrawal amounts. The bug is that these total amounts are not the amounts for the specified statement period but rather for the entire lifetime of the account. That is very misleading.

Here is how I noticed this bug. My broker, Pepperstone, is withdrawing withholding tax after each winning trade. It will issue a tax statement for each calendar year. However, when I created an account statement for last year, the total amount of withdrawals shown in the summary section was far greater than the amount that my broker showed on the tax stetemnt. That has led to over a month of back and forth until we found this bug.

Can this bug be resolved?

There does not seem to be any easy way to display the total amount of withdrawals/deposit for a specific time period.

@jkurrat
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 May 2024, 06:27

Hi there,

Can you share screenshots demonstrating this bug?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jkurrat
31 May 2024, 04:17

RE: Bug in cTrader account statement - withdrawal amount total

Here is how I generated the statement. At the top of the first page of the account statement you see the time period Jan 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023. On the last page you have the section “transactions”. This section only lists withdrawals/deposits during this time period. However, in the last section “summary” the totals that are shown are not for this time period. Instead they are for the lifetime of the account. You can easily generate an account statement yourself to verify this. Also, I believe that there is no way to display the total of deposits or withdrawals for a specific time period.

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Can you share screenshots demonstrating this bug?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@jkurrat

jkurrat
01 Jun 2024, 12:37

Additional facts

Interestingly, monthly account statements which I receive via email do not have this bug. The amount of deposits and withdrawals listed in the “Summary” section are the amounts during that month, not the lifetime of the account. So this bug apparently only occurs when creating statements manually.

@jkurrat

jkurrat
01 Aug 2024, 00:43

RE: RE: Bug in cTrader account statement - withdrawal amount total

Has anyone looked at this? It has been months since I posted this bug.

@jkurrat

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Aug 2024, 06:47

RE: RE: RE: Bug in cTrader account statement - withdrawal amount total

jkurrat said: 

Has anyone looked at this? It has been months since I posted this bug.

Hi there,

This has been forwarded to the product team and the feature works as designed. They will consider changing this behavior in future updates.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous