Advanced take profit not working properly

Created at 01 Feb 2023, 16:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YA

yan.b.luthier

Joined 01.12.2022

Advanced take profit not working properly
01 Feb 2023, 16:17

Hi

I have this issue using the advanced take profit feature where let’s say I have TP1 set to close 50% of my trade and TP2 to close 25% but what is happening is price hits TP1 and closes 50% and then if prices go below TP1 a bit and comes back up it triggers TP1 once again and closes the remaining  50% of the trade instead of continuing towards TP2

I have cTrader opened on desktop, laptop, and sometimes monitoring the trade on the iphone.

I am not sure if this has something to do with having the software opened on multiple devices or if it can have something to do with the desktop falling on sleep mode.?

I have activated a function that should leave the computers connected to internet even though they fall on sleep mode but still getting the same issue. Using Mac mini and Macbook air.

some of my fellows have pointed me out that I could have a remaining hidden primary take profit that could be hidden behind ATP1 if a normal take profit was checked at the moment of opening the trade but this is not the case either as I always leave this unchecked .

I also just noticed another problem I have been having, for example today when I got on my computer, I got on my ctrader and an advance take profit triggered as soon as I switched to a different account. Do the correct account window have to be open as well as being constantly connected to the internet for that function to work ?

Also, for some reason my unrealized P&L of open trade disappeared. :

I am beginning as a trader and interested about the features of ctrader since I work full time , but am being doubtful about it's reliability ?

thanks for your help

@yan.b.luthier