CHART ERROR - Tick chart candlesticks are different when you reopen the same chart

Created at 14 Jun 2022, 11:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RO

roan.is

Joined 14.08.2018

CHART ERROR - Tick chart candlesticks are different when you reopen the same chart
14 Jun 2022, 11:49

Dear cTrader,

Last week I found an error in your heikin ashi charts between Chrome and Firefox. I believe I have found another error. This time it is using Tick charts in Chrome. This morning I was using EUR/USD tick 100 chart in Google Chrome and I placed a trade based on candle patterns. I closed the Chrome and some time later I reopened cTrader in Chrome and saw that the candlesticks in that chart were now completely different to how they looked when I placed the trade earlier. So I tried to recreate it. I opened the chart again in Chrome and a little while later I launched cTrader and that chart in a different tab and it happened again. The candlesticks were different. Please see below (the screenshot says 1 min chart but it is tick 100). Why does this happen? This needs to be fixed because the information is completely different and the chart is unreliable. Please explain.

Thanks,

Regards, Roan

@roan.is
Replies

amusleh
15 Jun 2022, 08:49

Hi,

We tried to reproduce this issue but we couldn't, can you record a video and send it to us when it happened again?

@amusleh

roan.is
15 Jun 2022, 12:33

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

We tried to reproduce this issue but we couldn't, can you record a video and send it to us when it happened again?

Good morning, 

Yes sure. Please let me know what email address I can send the video to.

Thank you and kind regards. 

Roan

@roan.is

amusleh
16 Jun 2022, 08:58

Hi,

We were able to reproduce the issue, we will fix this on next release.

Thanks for reporting.

@amusleh

roan.is
16 Jun 2022, 11:20

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

We were able to reproduce the issue, we will fix this on next release.

Thanks for reporting.

Hi, 

Ok great. Can I ask what exactly you will fix and what was the issue? I read somewhere that the reason why the live candlesticks might be different to ones opened on a chart later is that the historical data source used to create older candlesticks is different to the data source used to create live candlesticks. Is that correct?

It would be nice to have the historical charts show the same candlesticks as the ones produced when seeing the charts live. I assume that the candlesticks produced live are correct?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Roan

@roan.is

amusleh
17 Jun 2022, 11:00

Hi,

Historical price data are created from live price data, they are not different at all.

The issue you faced is a bug, it's not because the historical data is generated from different price data.

We were able to reproduce this issue and it will be fixed on next release of cTrader web.

@amusleh

roan.is
17 Jun 2022, 11:04

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Historical price data are created from live price data, they are not different at all.

The issue you faced is a bug, it's not because the historical data is generated from different price data.

We were able to reproduce this issue and it will be fixed on next release of cTrader web.

Good morning,

Thank you for the reply and explanation. So the live candlesticks are correct and the historical candlesticks are different because of a bug. Ok..makes sense. Thank you for fixing it in the next update. 

Have a good weekend,

Regards, Roan

@roan.is

roan.is
10 Aug 2022, 17:16

RE: RE:

roan.is said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Good morning,

Thank you for the reply and explanation. So the live candlesticks are correct and the historical candlesticks are different because of a bug. Ok..makes sense. Thank you for fixing it in the next update. 

Have a good weekend,

Regards, Roan

Good afternoon, 

A couple of months ago I raised the issue of the tick charts not being the same when looking at live charts and historical charts. You said that this was due to a bug and it would be fixed in the next update. Has there been a new update because the charts are still different, and if there hasnt been an update yet, when will the update happen?

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible , 

Thanks and kind regards, 

Roan

@roan.is

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Aug 2022, 16:10

Hi Roan,

This bug was not fixed yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

roan.is
11 Aug 2022, 18:19

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Roan,

This bug was not fixed yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi Panagiotis,

Do you know when the bug will be fixed?

Thanks and kind regards

Roan

@roan.is

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Aug 2022, 08:04

Hi Roan,

It should be fixed in the following weeks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

roan.is
25 Aug 2022, 15:58

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Roan,

It should be fixed in the following weeks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi Panagiotis, 

I just wanted to let you know that this tick chart issue is also happening on non-forex charts. I am trading US30 and the candlesticks also change when you refresh or re-open the chart. Please can you ensure that the fix you guys are making applies to everything; forex, commodities, indices etc etc. 

I look forward to the fix within the next few weeks. 

Thanks and kind regards, 

Roan

@roan.is