Adding Bollinger Bands onto RSI indicator window

Created at 22 Nov 2020, 17:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SA

SafeSimpleScalps

Joined 22.11.2020

Adding Bollinger Bands onto RSI indicator window
22 Nov 2020, 17:09

Hi guys. how do we add the bollinger bands INTO THE RSI WINDOW? in other words, put an indicator inside an indicator.
i saw a video where he added RSI first. then when he added the bollinger bands, there was an option that said "SOURCE: RSI". however, when i tried it on my web-based cTrader, there was no such option for "Source"... please help.

also, is there a Gator OSCILLATOR for Ctrader? this is the gator version that looks like a histogram on the bottom of the chart, and not the three wavy lines on the candles.

@SafeSimpleScalps
Replies

hungnvh6868
22 Nov 2020, 19:20

RE: adding bollinger bands into the RSI indicator window?? gator oscillator?

abcdavid13 said:

Hi guys. how do we add the bollinger bands INTO THE RSI WINDOW? in other words, put an indicator inside an indicator.
i saw a video where he added RSI first. then when he added the bollinger bands, there was an option that said "SOURCE: RSI". however, when i tried it on my web-based cTrader, there was no such option for "Source"... please help.

also, is there a Gator OSCILLATOR for Ctrader? this is the gator version that looks like a histogram on the bottom of the chart, and not the three wavy lines on the candles.

Replace Source Series to Rsi.Result . Good luck

rsi = Indicators.RelativeStrengthIndex(MarketSeries.Close, RSI_parameter);
ema = Indicators.ExponentialMovingAverage(rsi.Result, ema_parameter);

@hungnvh6868

SafeSimpleScalps
23 Nov 2020, 00:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: adding bollinger bands into the RSI indicator window?? gator oscillator?

hungnvh6868 said:

abcdavid13 said:

Replace Source Series to Rsi.Result . Good luck

rsi = Indicators.RelativeStrengthIndex(MarketSeries.Close, RSI_parameter);
ema = Indicators.ExponentialMovingAverage(rsi.Result, ema_parameter);

For some reason, i don't have that option. as you can see, my bollinger bands source only has open, high, lose, close. there's no "rsi" option. please help? :)

@SafeSimpleScalps

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Nov 2020, 10:07

Hi abcdavid13, 

Unfortunately this is not possible in cTrader Web.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous