Advanced Protection

Created at 16 Jan 2019, 05:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NI

nijudavid

Joined 16.01.2019

Advanced Protection
16 Jan 2019, 05:29

Hi,

If I place advanced protection in cTrader web, do I still have to keep my system on and cTrader running for the advance protection to be running. 

Is it ok to close cTrader as the web trader is already online

Thank you

@nijudavid
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jan 2019, 09:55 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Hi nijudavid,

Thanks for posting in our forum. cTrader needs to be running. It is clearly stated in the Advanced Protection form

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

nijudavid
16 Jan 2019, 15:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: Hi Panagiotis,

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi nijudavid,

Thanks for posting in our forum. cTrader needs to be running. It is clearly stated in the Advanced Protection form

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@nijudavid

nijudavid
16 Jan 2019, 15:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE: Hi Panagiotis,

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi nijudavid,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@nijudavid

nijudavid
16 Jan 2019, 15:16

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

I know it has to be kept open. But my query is whether the web trader has to be kept online as it is online by itself.

Thank you

@nijudavid

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jan 2019, 15:20

Hi nijudavid,

Yes cTrader Web needs to be kept open in your browser.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

paul.barclay1983
29 Jan 2019, 13:11

Hi Panagiotis,

This is surely something that should be worked on I think. As much as I love ctrader, we should not have to leave the application open on our PC and waste our machine's energy to keep this active!

@paul.barclay1983

intracables
20 Oct 2020, 01:59

RE:

paul.barclay1983 said:

Hi Panagiotis,

This is surely something that should be worked on I think. As much as I love ctrader, we should not have to leave the application open on our PC and waste our machine's energy to keep this active!

Actually it is, unless you want to pay a fee to have the advanced protection run on their servers, either way it has to run somewhere.

@intracables

kelkamxs
24 Apr 2022, 16:55

RE: RE:

intracables said:

paul.barclay1983 said:

Hi Panagiotis,

Actually it is, unless you want to pay a fee to have the advanced protection run on their servers, either way it has to run somewhere.

can someone please elaborate on this. I understand that the android mobile version of ctrader doesnt have advanced protection in it. But i was wondering, can I set the advanced protection on my windows computer, log of or move away from it, but open the ctrader logged in with my android phone with internet on and still have the advanced protection work? or must it only work when the desktop ctrader is running and online?

@kelkamxs