Opened a window to choose cBot settings and could not close it

Created at 19 Apr 2016, 03:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IR

ironmine

Joined 29.09.2015

Opened a window to choose cBot settings and could not close it
19 Apr 2016, 03:37

After cTrader hanged up, I needed to restart cBots, I clicked "modify settings" and then opened a window where you are supposed to choose cBot settings. Then I could not close it. This window hanged up and clicking buttons "close" and "cancel" did not help. I had to restart cTrader. I already happened 3 times during the last 2 days.

@ironmine
Replies

Spotware
19 Apr 2016, 17:19

Dear Trader,

Could you please provide us with the steps to reproduce your issue? 

In addition, could you please tell us which cTrader version you use?

You can see the cTrader version, by expanding the help menu and clicking on the "About cTrader" field.

@Spotware

ironmine
20 Apr 2016, 02:35

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

In addition, could you please tell us which cTrader version you use?

You can see the cTrader version, by expanding the help menu and clicking on the "About cTrader" field.

I stopped and deleted the previous version of the cBot from the chart and was adding a new cBot to the chart, I had to load settings into from from a configuration file.

The version of cTrader I use is 1.34.64939

@ironmine

ironmine
20 Apr 2016, 09:03

RE: RE:

It happened again. cTrader opens a window to load a configuration file and this window cannot be closed. Funny, but I still can delete the other cBot's small window under it (where I clicked the icon to load settings), and I can even delete the cBot from the chart, but the window still remains hanging there. I tried not to pay attention to it and tried to attach the cBot again to the chart and to load settings into it. The window appeared and hanged up. So, now I have two windows hanging there. They can be moved around, but cannot be closed and the buttons inside them do not work. But cTrader software continues working as if nothing has happened.

@ironmine

Spotware
20 Apr 2016, 11:15

Dear Trader,

In addition, could you please send us full screenshots showing your issue?

@Spotware

ironmine
20 Apr 2016, 14:42

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

In addition, could you please send us full screenshots showing your issue?

Screenshot: http://i65.tinypic.com/1pez4l.jpg

See these floating two windows? I could not close them. All I can do is move them around helplessly.

Steps: open several charts, attach cBots to them, start them, wait for the time when the market goes really wild and volatility is high and cTrader is really busy, then stop one of the cBots, delete it from the chart, attach another or same cBot to the chart, click the button which loads settings.

@ironmine

Spotware
22 Apr 2016, 10:40

Dear Trader,

We tried to reproduce your issue without success.

Could you please perform a clean installation of cTrader, by following the steps described in the Performing a clean installation of cTrader section of our User support site and try again?

@Spotware

ironmine
22 Apr 2016, 13:09

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

We tried to reproduce your issue without success.

Could you please perform a clean installation of cTrader, by following the steps described in the Performing a clean installation of cTrader section of our User support site and try again?

Hello Spotware,

Thanks for looking into this issue. The steps you recommend are for a clean installation of cTrader for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Users and for Windows 10 Users.

What about Windows 2008 Server users? Same steps or different?

@ironmine

Spotware
25 Apr 2016, 17:08

Dear Trader,

Could you please try to perform the clean installation of cTrader for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Users?

@Spotware

ironmine
15 Jul 2016, 16:12

This issue still remains. I curse the day when I chose cTrader over MT4...

@ironmine