How to save settings on ctraderweb?

Created at 09 May 2013, 22:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TY

tye101

Joined 09.05.2013

How to save settings on ctraderweb?
09 May 2013, 22:42

So I spent like 30 minutes getting all my settings just right thinking that they would be saved. I closed the window, reopened and then all my settings were gone, only thing that remained were my favorites. 

Did I do something wrong? Or can you really not save settings in ctrader?

Thanks

@tye101
Replies

Scott
09 May 2013, 23:14

RE:
tye101 said:

So I spent like 30 minutes getting all my settings just right thinking that they would be saved. I closed the window, reopened and then all my settings were gone, only thing that remained were my favorites. 

Did I do something wrong? Or can you really not save settings in ctrader?

Thanks

Same here I signed up for there cloud storage using my facebook and tried to save, that didn't work, so I signed up with email and tried to save and then that didnt work, then after login on a few times it came up with my saved setup only to have it not apear again the next time I login.... I'm very confused why this is.

@Scott

tye101
09 May 2013, 23:20

I really like this platform and ease of use. But damnit if I can't save my settings theres no point in having all these indicators and whatnot if I have to spend 30 minutes everytime to set it up. Just a headache. 

Have you tried the desktop platform? Does it let you save settings?

Thanks

@tye101

Scott
09 May 2013, 23:34

RE:

I use the cTrader Desktop platform, very fast alows upto 25 charts to be open at once and they are detachable so you can place them over mutiple monitors, I only use 2.

As for saving templates yep works every time just download cAlgo and build the indicators in there and then they will be avalible on cTrader Desktop

Or if you just wanting to have a setup such as some simple moving averages over 10 charts layed out or detached and placed it will be automaticlly saved and when you restart the platform all the charts and any indicators you had setup before will be as they was when you last shut down.

You can also create templates to speed things up, say you wanted to put 3 simple moving averages on 10 charts, setup the first chart then save that setup as a template (give it a name) then just apply the template to the other 9 charts.

@Scott

Scott
09 May 2013, 23:38

RE: RE:

I've been using the Ctrader Desktop platform since august 2012 and it just keeps on getting better, with more functions coming nearly every releace.... supports from spotware is very good too

@Scott

tye101
09 May 2013, 23:57

I guess I was trying to avoid using desktop because I am using a mac. But sounds like I have no choice. Sounds like desktop is pretty nice too so I'll download it,

Thanks for your input.

tye

@tye101

Scott
10 May 2013, 00:01

RE:

you could always install window 7, or run windows 7 on mac using a virtual box.

@Scott

cAlgo_Fanatic
10 May 2013, 09:53

Only favourites and email alert settings are currently saved in the cloud. Your settings will be saved only locally on your browser. Could you please confirm that you logged back in using the same browser on the same machine and could you let us know which browser you used?  In the future all your settings will be saved in the cloud as well.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

tye101
10 May 2013, 10:35

RE:
cAlgo_Fanatic said:

Only favourites and email alert settings are currently saved in the cloud. Your settings will be saved only locally on your browser. Could you please confirm that you logged back in using the same browser on the same machine and could you let us know which browser you used?  In the future all your settings will be saved in the cloud as well.

I used chrome, but if it's saved on my browser then that explains it, because I have the settings to erase all browser data upon close. It's okay now though, I am using ctrader desktop through bootcamp and it's really great. I came from using Oandas platform and Ctrader is just so much more smoother. I'm satisfied, hope you guys keep up the great work!

@tye101

beanstalk
26 Jun 2013, 08:57

RE: RE:
tye101 said:
cAlgo_Fanatic said:

I used chrome, but if it's saved on my browser then that explains it, because I have the settings to erase all browser data upon close. It's okay now though, I am using ctrader desktop through bootcamp and it's really great. I came from using Oandas platform and Ctrader is just so much more smoother. I'm satisfied, hope you guys keep up the great work!

Can you tell me where the chart templates in CTrader Web can be found on my HDD? I'd like to be able to copy them across to CTrader Desktop and vice versa.

Thanks!

@beanstalk

cAlgo_Fanatic
26 Jun 2013, 17:10

You cannot transfer your saved templates at the moment.  In the near future your saved templates and settings will be accessible from cTrader and cTrader Web alike. You will not have to transfer anything.

@cAlgo_Fanatic