Export numerical data from the currently viewed chart?

Created at 13 Mar 2016, 21:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ST

stevie.c

Joined 28.09.2015

Export numerical data from the currently viewed chart?
13 Mar 2016, 21:21

Hello.

Could anyone tell me a way of exporting the numerical data from a chart window, including values of all indicators?

For example, if I had a EURUSD chart window open on an m5 timeframe, and had a moving average plotted on it, could I export the close price and the moving average value for each of the timeframe points over the date range shown in the chart window?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

@stevie.c
Replies

stevie.c
15 Mar 2016, 19:47

RE:

Anybody got any ideas..? Spotware..?

Thanks all.

@stevie.c

trend_meanreversion
16 Mar 2016, 01:19

RE: RE:

stevie.c said:

Anybody got any ideas..? Spotware..?

Thanks all.

Hi Steve,

I don't think that you can export data directly from charts but you can do it very easily via a bot. Just dump OHLC data along with moving average data in OnBar() event. If you find it troublesome, you can check the bot attached with "My New Algo" profile . It dumps whole lot of indicators to a file. You can create a simple bot based on it that would serve your purpose hopefully.

@trend_meanreversion

stevie.c
17 Mar 2016, 09:24

Thanks T_MR - I'll give that a go, although it sounds like that operates as a "live" function, i.e. the data would be dumped when prices were updated during a live market? What I was after was a way to look at a chart from any historical time period and export the data from that view.

@stevie.c