Workspace privacy

Created at 12 Mar 2016, 00:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GR

greybox

Joined 23.02.2016

Workspace privacy
12 Mar 2016, 00:26

Hi,

I linked two cTrader accounts from two different brokers with my Google account into your cTDN network.

Please describe what security mechanisms are in place for workspaces. I noticed my bots and indicators saved on broker 1 suddenly became available on broker 2 through shared workspaces. I have some security and privacy concerns.

1: Are brokers able to access the source of my bots and indicators in any way?

2: Upon saving content to the workspace and into the cloud what encryption is in place? Is the saved content in the cloud encrypted?

3: Is it possible to delete this link and all saved content in your cloud and how to prevent workspace sharing in the future?

@greybox
Replies

Spotware
17 Mar 2016, 15:06

Dear Trader,

The cBots are saved locally on the following path: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots.

When you load several cTrader instances of different Broker the cBots will be loaded from the same path, thus they will be available in every cTrader instance.

1: Are brokers able to access the source of my bots and indicators in any way?

Nobody has access the to the source code of your cBots unless you publish it or you give someone has access to your Computer/that folder. cBots aren't saved in the Workspaces.

2: Upon saving content to the workspace and into the cloud what encryption is in place? Is the saved content in the cloud encrypted?

We use our proprietary encryption algorithms to secure every data saved on our cloud.

3: Is it possible to delete this link and all saved content in your cloud and how to prevent workspace sharing in the future?

Once you delete a Workspace it will be deleted also from the cloud. We don't provide users with the ability to delete their cTraderID. We will consider providing it in the future. Stay tuned.

@Spotware