Multiple indicators in the same window

Created at 29 Feb 2016, 14:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CA

camillus

Joined 29.02.2016

Multiple indicators in the same window
29 Feb 2016, 14:14

hi, is possible to put 2 or 3 indicators in the same window? for example, 3 Rsi in only one Rsi window. in metatrader is possible simply drag and drop indicators in window but in ctrader, this, don't work. thanks

@camillus
Replies

Spotware
29 Feb 2016, 17:20

Dear Trader,

Currently we don't provide users with the ability to place multiple indicators on the same panel. We will consider providing it in the future. Stay tuned.

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

For your information, you may create a custom indicator that references 3 RSI and outputs their results then their output will be on the same panel.  If you need help learning how to do that refer to the sample indicators that are included in cAlgo, like SampleAlligator for instance references MedianPrice and WellesWilderSmoothing Indicators. 

@Spotware

castpi
29 Mar 2016, 23:57

If you want to chip in it's been voted for over 2 years-
and asked for since forever
http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5328273-it-would-be-a-good-feature-to-show-several-indicat

Hope dear Spotware realizes how fast how small chart can get

Meantime, I could not find the reference in cAlgo, some kinds soul could explain is it difficult to plot code of 2 different indicators to show as one? Say I want RSI and two-color volume, how one attempts to do this, please please?

@castpi

Spotware
07 Apr 2016, 11:26

Dear Trader,

The example you attached of the two-color volume already shows 2 different outputs on one panel. Please have a look at the example Combining two or more indicators in one in our API Programmers Guides.

@Spotware

castpi
10 Apr 2016, 19:09

Ok, thank you very much,
Is there a way to scale RSI to window height and set levels (30, 70) to percentage of the window height?

I did rescale RSI by fixed factor to 10000, which looks fine on hourly charts and is no use for daily; if what asked above is not possible, how can I set different multipliers to change automatically with timeframe, along with levels?

For further reference for those who, like myself, have no clue, changing scale by a factor is achieved by:
const int factor = 100;
Rsi[index] = rsi.Result[index] * factor;
which is enoough for combining indicators that work within a set scale

@castpi

Spotware
20 Apr 2016, 16:57

Dear Trader,

Currently, we don't provide users with the ability to set the levels programmatically, However, you could draw a lines as level to be moved according according to the desired scale.

Please have a look at the DrawLine method of the API Reference.

@Spotware