Continual crashes on Windows 10

Created at 29 Feb 2016, 11:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

ColossusFX

Joined 27.08.2015

Continual crashes on Windows 10
29 Feb 2016, 11:00

I'm having continual crashes on cTrader at the moment.

It closes every 5 minutes and has become unusable!?

@ColossusFX
Replies

Spotware
29 Feb 2016, 17:23

Dear Trader,

We recommend you to perform a clean installation of cTrader.

Below you will find the instructions on how to perform a clean installation of cTrader. To prevent any errors the steps should be performed in the exact order they were written.

1. Close any running instance of cTrader or cAlgo.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open the Run dialog box. Enter appwiz.cpl to open the Programs and Features component of Windows.

4. Uninstall cTrader (also cAlgo if installed), the close Programs and Features.

5. Hold down the Windows key and press R to re-open the Run dialog box, and enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Apps and press OK.

6. Delete the 2.0 folder, and close Windows Explorer.

7. Hold down the Windows key and press R to re-open the Run dialog box, and enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming and press OK.

8. Delete the following folders; cTrader, %BROKERNAME% cAlgo, %BROKERNAME% cTrader, %BROKERNAME%-cTraderCommon, then close Windows Explorer.

9. On the Start Menu click on Documents, and rename the cAlgo and cTrader folders.

10. Restart the computer.

11. Download and install cTrader.

@Spotware

hurricane100388
12 Sep 2016, 06:04

Same problem here.

Did the list form 1-11 still the problem persists. It does work fine for about 2-3 minutes and then crashes, if its minimized it stays open, but when you pull it up and start doing something 

it crashes again.

system specs - Windows 10 64bit 8GB Ram .NET Framework 4.6.1

@hurricane100388

chiahao.chiang
12 Sep 2016, 16:58

RE: Same problem here.

I have the same problem, I didn't reinstall , it began to crash about two weeks ago,Ctrader   version 1.38.65534 

hurricane100388 said:

Did the list form 1-11 still the problem persists. It does work fine for about 2-3 minutes and then crashes, if its minimized it stays open, but when you pull it up and start doing something 

it crashes again.

@chiahao.chiang

Spotware
13 Sep 2016, 11:24

RE: RE: Same problem here.

chiahao.chiang said:

I have the same problem, I didn't reinstall , it began to crash about two weeks ago,Ctrader   version 1.38.65534 

hurricane100388 said:

it crashes again.

Hello. Can you please provide more of a description on the crash? Is any message prompted? Or it just closes with no indications as to why? The more characteristics you describe will help us to understand what advice can help. 

@Spotware

chiahao.chiang
13 Sep 2016, 15:29

RE: RE: RE: Same problem here.

That's what's puzzle me, I am trying to replicate what I did that cause the crash, but I couldn't because it would crash under the same scenario.  I would open the program and do nothing, switch to browser to surf on the net, then it will auto crash in less than 3 minutes.  I will try to reinstall it on windows 10 this weekend to see if it will solve the problem.  I thought its broker specific, but I use ctrader from different broker, it also have the same problem.   If there's any log that I can provide, please let me know.  

Both of my ctrader just receive update, problems still persist.  Please tell me what I need to provide for you to resolve this problem.  I can only ctrader from my iphone for now, which is not a long term option.  

Spotware said:

chiahao.chiang said:

hurricane100388 said:

it crashes again.

Hello. Can you please provide more of a description on the crash? Is any message prompted? Or it just closes with no indications as to why? The more characteristics you describe will help us to understand what advice can help. 

@chiahao.chiang

hurricane100388
13 Sep 2016, 23:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

has stopped working

i

@hurricane100388

Spotware
14 Sep 2016, 15:23

Thanks for the additional information, unfortunately there are many reasons for getting such message. Because you are actually able to open the application and use it for a few minutes it seems like the problem is unlikely to be cause by the applications itself. 

If it is a software issue, we suggest using Microsoft Event Viewer to collect additional information when the crash occurs. You can launch Event Viewer by pressing the Windows Key + X and you will find it as the second option. 

Also, please advise, do you have antivirus software on your PC? If so can you please provide details of that. 

If you wish, you may send the following information to feedback@spotware.com so it is not publicly displayed. 

@Spotware

chiahao.chiang
16 Sep 2016, 19:29

RE:

Thank you for your technical support, its really helpful.  I uninstall Raptr & Play.TV bloatware who got install on my computer when I install my video driver. And it never crashes again.  Please check to see if you have those software install on your computer.  If you are not sure, please send it to the feedback support email, they are very helpful to identify which software is causing the problem.  

Thanks a lot guys. 

Spotware said:

Thanks for the additional information, unfortunately there are many reasons for getting such message. Because you are actually able to open the application and use it for a few minutes it seems like the problem is unlikely to be cause by the applications itself. 

If it is a software issue, we suggest using Microsoft Event Viewer to collect additional information when the crash occurs. You can launch Event Viewer by pressing the Windows Key + X and you will find it as the second option. 

Also, please advise, do you have antivirus software on your PC? If so can you please provide details of that. 

If you wish, you may send the following information to feedback@spotware.com so it is not publicly displayed. 

@chiahao.chiang

wharris86
19 Sep 2016, 06:53

RE: RE:

I Can confirm the uninstall of Raptor and plays.tv worked for me also, this series of crashing occured at the last ctrader update which was also the same time that AMD released GPU updates and reinstalled plays.tv and Raptor.

i recommend the uninstall of these programs and in future updates from AMD you do a manual install where you uncheck these programs.

see below excerpt from windows event log:

-System

-Provider

[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2016-09-19T03:23:37.907899900Z

EventRecordID23992

ChannelApplication

ComputerWill-PC

Security

-EventData

cTrader.exe

57d7ab5d

ltc_game64-116096.dll

57cf505f

c00000fd

000000000000319b

16a4

01d21224f0b21fa7

C:\Users\Will\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\DEYX16C7.6G0\HC7V0H91.8HV\pepp..ader_37dabdf737419672_0001.0026_bb14daf973c2712b\cTrader.exe

C:\PROGRA~2\RAPTRI~1\PlaysTV\ltc_game64-116096.dll

ed516a6d-72c5-40c1-9aca-9ca04be4b66a

chiahao.chiang said:

Thank you for your technical support, its really helpful.  I uninstall Raptr & Play.TV bloatware who got install on my computer when I install my video driver. And it never crashes again.  Please check to see if you have those software install on your computer.  If you are not sure, please send it to the feedback support email, they are very helpful to identify which software is causing the problem.  

Thanks a lot guys. 

Spotware said:

@wharris86

hurricane100388
20 Sep 2016, 02:17

RE: RE: RE:

wharris86 said:

I Can confirm the uninstall of Raptor and plays.tv worked for me also, this series of crashing occured at the last ctrader update which was also the same time that AMD released GPU updates and reinstalled plays.tv and Raptor.

i recommend the uninstall of these programs and in future updates from AMD you do a manual install where you uncheck these programs.

see below excerpt from windows event log:

-System

-Provider

[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2016-09-19T03:23:37.907899900Z

EventRecordID23992

ChannelApplication

ComputerWill-PC

Security

-EventData

cTrader.exe

57d7ab5d

ltc_game64-116096.dll

57cf505f

c00000fd

000000000000319b

16a4

01d21224f0b21fa7

C:\Users\Will\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\DEYX16C7.6G0\HC7V0H91.8HV\pepp..ader_37dabdf737419672_0001.0026_bb14daf973c2712b\cTrader.exe

C:\PROGRA~2\RAPTRI~1\PlaysTV\ltc_game64-116096.dll

ed516a6d-72c5-40c1-9aca-9ca04be4b66a

chiahao.chiang said:

Thanks a lot guys. 

Spotware said:

Yep worked for me as well.. As soon i switched PlaysTV  off it started to work fine...

@hurricane100388

ar_sayadi
14 Dec 2016, 00:33

C trader

Dear Soptware,

I still have the same issue, my Calgo keeps crashing and is not responsive frequently ,especially when it closes multiple positions at the same time.

also it gets disconnected from internet , please note that my internet connection is fast and relible and I can run 5 windows on youtube at the ame time without any interruption.

I have done all the above mentioned steps problem still exists.

also I reinstalled windows and calgo and ctrader but still the same thing and it is not fixed.currently I'm running the latest Calgo and ctrader .

Please help me out on this since I'm gettign annoyyed by it.

Thanks,

14/12/2016

Rez

@ar_sayadi

ar_sayadi
14 Dec 2016, 00:35

RE: C trader

ar_sayadi said:

Dear Soptware,

I still have the same issue, my Calgo keeps crashing and is not responsive frequently ,especially when it closes multiple positions at the same time.

also it gets disconnected from internet , please note that my internet connection is fast and relible and I can run 5 windows on youtube at the ame time without any interruption.

also I reinstalled windows and calgo and ctrader but still the same thing and it is not fixed.currently I'm running the latest Calgo and ctrader .

Thanks,

14/12/2016

Rez

P.S: I'm on windows 10, the problem got worse on windows 10, I had less issues on windows 8.

@ar_sayadi

ar_sayadi
14 Dec 2016, 00:52

RE: RE: C trader

ar_sayadi said:

ar_sayadi said:

Dear Soptware,

Thanks,

14/12/2016

Rez

P.S: I'm on windows 10, the problem got worse on windows 10, I had less issues on windows 8- 64bit

my system is ACER  Aspire E5-573 8 GIG RAM

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-5500U

@ar_sayadi

ar_sayadi
22 Feb 2017, 00:18

RE: RE: RE: C trader

ar_sayadi said:

ar_sayadi said:

ar_sayadi said:

Dear Soptware,

Thanks,

14/12/2016

Rez

P.S: I'm on windows 10, the problem got worse on windows 10, I had less issues on windows 8- 64bit

my system is ACER  Aspire E5-573 8 GIG RAM

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-5500U

Dear Spotware,

still im having crashing issues on ctrader. I open around 200 hundred positions and once more than  5 of them of them takes profit, it crashes and is not responding anymore, so i need to end calgo and run it again , it is a pain, would you please help me out on this?

Thanks,

@ar_sayadi

rhikmet
02 Oct 2017, 14:29

ctrade instalation problem on windows10

Dear Spotware;

After last update on windows 10 .I have no permission(windows security rules) for installation of fxpro-ctrader on my computer.Could you give any information about clear installation for it.

@rhikmet

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2017, 14:46

Hi rhikmet,

Thanks for posting in the forum. Do you get any message during installation? Could you please provide us with a screenshot of what you see?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

rhikmet
02 Oct 2017, 14:59

windows security return a messafe your security rules doesn't give permission to install this program.and ı couldn't put this screen shot by your message system.before last update of windows 10  program was working.last version  is windows 10 1607 (14393.1715).I use information for clean install for ctrader but no result good.thanks again.

@rhikmet

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2017, 15:28

Hi rhikmet,

Thanks for the clarification. If you have difficulties uploading the image here, please send it to community@spotware.com.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous