Regularly get Exception #90585511

Created at 28 Feb 2016, 18:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mail

Joined 29.10.2015

Regularly get Exception #90585511
28 Feb 2016, 18:13

Hi

I have a cBot running on my VPS Server. However, every few days when I log in an Exception #90585511 has occurred :

What does this error mean? Obviously, it is disrupting my trading

It's a Windows Server 2012 server

Many Thanks

@mail
Replies

Spotware
29 Feb 2016, 17:38

Dear Trader,

Thank you for reporting it. We will investigate.

@Spotware

mail
04 Mar 2016, 12:46

Hi

Thank you. This is happening with increasing regularity - the problem is, because it is a remote server I can't tell when it happens. Is there anything I can monitor to check whether cTrader is still running? for example, are error messages logged to a log file or the Event Viewer?

Cheers

@mail

greybox
12 Mar 2016, 02:47

+1

Occurs frequently on multiple installations on different Windows server versions.

Unfortunately the quality of the cTrader platform continues to deteriorate. Please look into this as soon as possible, you should replicate the issue with ease in your lab. Keep asking us for screenshots will not make the problem go away. I urge you to improve on your testing cycles, are you guys doing proper CI /  CD? It would be sad to see such a previously great platform fall to the quality of others.

@greybox

greybox
15 Mar 2016, 09:40 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Upon connecting to an idle RDP session the cTrader application will throw exception.

The issue persists and frequently occurs if you connect / disconnect using Remote Desktop (RDP)
Restart of cTrader is required to resume function of cBots. This is pretty bad for automated trading @spotware

Please look into this!

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Thank you for reporting it. We will investigate.

@greybox

Spotware
17 Mar 2016, 15:54

Dear Traders,

This issue will not exist in one of our upcoming releases in the near future. Stay tuned.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

@Spotware