Will cTrader support Futures?

Created at 20 Feb 2016, 00:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lorddevil

Joined 03.01.2016

Will cTrader support Futures?
20 Feb 2016, 00:35

Just curious, if Spotware plans to support Futures within the cTrader Software? At the moment you only support CFD's but for Futures you have to use MT4/5 - which is kinda sad.

Kind regards,
Oliver

@lorddevil
Replies

Spotware
24 Feb 2016, 15:03

Dear Trader,

cTrader supports Futures.

We kindly ask you to contact your Broker regarding this.

Any questions regarding execution, prices, price feed, spread, news, account, adding Symbols, Symbols should be addressed to your Broker.

@Spotware

lorddevil
25 Feb 2016, 11:03

W​ell I don't mean CFD's based on Futures... I mean true Futures... - I looked at every broker which has cTrader support, none of them has true futures... they all have CFD's so I thought cTrader is not able to use futures.

Hmm... so if you say it would support real futures... then maybe none of the real future brokers has cTrader in their offerings?

@lorddevil

xerius17
06 Mar 2017, 22:39

I have the same question as lorddevil. At FxPro it is only possible to trade CFDs. Is it planned to include Futures also?

@xerius17

kricka
07 Mar 2017, 21:05

Futures are specific to the USA market. CFDs are more common to the European markets. To trade futures, the brokers has to have their main office in the USA with affiliates in Europa. So far not many brokers in the USA has picked up on cAlgo or cTrader. We would love to have futures as well presented by the liquid providers in the platform. This will surely happen as the Spotware Team has already included futures as a possibility for brokers. It's up to the broker's to introduce futures within the platform.

@kricka

kricka
07 Mar 2017, 21:05

Futures are specific to the USA market. CFDs are more common to the European markets. To trade futures, the brokers has to have their main office in the USA with affiliates in Europa. So far not many brokers in the USA has picked up on cAlgo or cTrader. We would love to have futures as well presented by the liquid providers in the platform. This will surely happen as the Spotware Team has already included futures as a possibility for brokers. It's up to the broker's to introduce futures within the platform.

@kricka

tetra
08 Mar 2017, 13:27

RE:

This won't happen until the disclaimer on the spotware site is:

The services provided by Spotware Systems Ltd. are not available to citizens or residents of the USA. Neither is the information on our websites directed toward soliciting citizens or residents of the USA.

kricka said:

@tetra

raidsan
29 Apr 2017, 03:59

The most important thing is  the real volume / open interest  data of the  futures,  if Spotware provide these data,   I think  ctrader  will super exceed to the metatrader.

@raidsan