Is there any valid reason why those fields are readonly?

Created at 03 Feb 2016, 23:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lorddevil

Joined 03.01.2016

Is there any valid reason why those fields are readonly?
03 Feb 2016, 23:11

​Hello,

I am talking about the Create Order Window's readonly fields: Balance, Profit, Est. Price! You can only adjust/enter the Pips... this makes it so cumbersome to enter specific trades... even most basic online platforms have ways to enter prices for TP and SL directly... First I thought I must have missed an option but it looks they are always greyed out.

So since I am a programmer myself I just wonder why those fields are readonly?

Why not allow to enter a specific target price for stop loss and take profit... why not allow to enter the balance in % or a direct profit value (like many risk management people would advice). I mean everything is there already... all those fields have a direct association to the other field and can automatically update each other (PIPS<>Price, %Balance<>Volume&Profit, Profit<>Balance&Volume)... so everything is in its place but for whatever reason not "enabled"... such a basic change would add so much more value to the order window... am I wrong or did I miss something here?

Thanks for listening,
Oliver

@lorddevil
Replies

Spotware
04 Feb 2016, 17:58

Dear Trader,

We would like to inform you that we do not discuss about design choices in cTDN. We more than glad to receive your feedback/suggestions and to assist you with specific questions about cTrader and cAlgo.API.

@Spotware

lorddevil
04 Feb 2016, 18:11

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

We would like to inform you that we do not discuss about design choices in cTDN. We more than glad to receive your feedback/suggestions and to assist you with specific questions about cTrader and cAlgo.API.

Sure I totally understand that, but since cTrader wants to be a more modern platform, I would imagine that something this trivial is possible here? Don't get me wrong, I really love the cTrader platform.. it is advanced in a lot of ways.... But at the moment when entering orders we are having a hard time and always need to calculate SL, TP, etc. from prices back to pips... even though all related infos would be there already (as seen in those readonly fields)?

In the suggestions and vote area there are already several split up issues related to the entry of orders (and even question for risk calculator etc.). But I think this is all not necessary - if those field wouldn't be read only it would fix all those issues and make the order entry fast and intuitive?

@lorddevil

Spotware
05 Feb 2016, 15:55

Dear Trader,

It's in our plants to provide users with the ability to enter prices for T/P and S/L directly in the future. Stay tuned. As you already know you you could vote it at: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/6135333-create-order-limit-orders-please-enable-stop-l.

We recommend you to invite other users to vote for this feature.

@Spotware