Saving workspaces

Created at 02 Feb 2016, 00:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 02.02.2016

Saving workspaces
02 Feb 2016, 00:32

Hi.

Could you please provide a mechanism to save or export workspaces to your local drive.

Saving them in the cTrader cloud is nice , but if they are accidentally overwritten (which it is extremely easy to do) , then there is no way to recover all you hard work , analysis , indicators , trend lines etc ...   VERY annoying.

When you hit the "Save workspace" button , it would be better if by default that would save to your current workspace , rather than having to select it from the list of workspaces below. It is far too easy to accidentally click on the wrong workspace in that dropdown list and destroy the wrong workspace. I must have done this at least 5 times now.

Please consider , or advise if there is a better way of managing workspaces.

Thanks.

@3130496
Replies

MaVe
02 Feb 2016, 09:30

You can vote for it:

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/11080335-saving-workspaces-on-local-computer

@MaVe

Spotware
04 Feb 2016, 15:46

Dear Trader,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it. Additionally, you can vote it in:

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/11080335-saving-workspaces-on-local-computer as the user MaVe suggested.

@Spotware

uvwxyz
25 Jul 2019, 14:49

workspaces and new versions

Hi

When i was logged in before this new version, I had hundreds of instances and charts-combinations opened in my cusom indicators,. Today with the compulsory update to new version, I have none left. All I get is the bare custom indaicators. How can I get those instances with set charts and parameters  back. I tried the same workspace that i had before.  The same workspace opens but with no charts.

Does cAlgo delete the old workspaces it had saved in the cloud, when a new version comes out? If so why doesn't it allow us to save the workspaces somewhere else?  How can I get back my hard work ?

Thanking you.

@uvwxyz