cTrader lagging performance during volatility

Created at 16 Dec 2015, 10:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NH

nhen

Joined 28.03.2014

cTrader lagging performance during volatility
16 Dec 2015, 10:50

Hi there,

I have an issue with my cTrader platform that occurs everytime volatility picks up (Frankie and London open onwards). The platform stalls when flicking through charts, my crosshair even lags and the whole program slows right down.

This is obviously not ideal when trying to trade..

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I rectify? I'm running the latest version on a new MacBook Pro using W10 through Bootcamp, laptop has sufficient RAM and other programs are closed during trading. This does not occur using other software or trading platforms.

Please help!

@nhen
Replies

Spotware
16 Dec 2015, 23:10

Dear Trader,

You might not have enough memory to support the use of cTrader, Windows 10 on Boot Camp and Mac OXs all together. You could check the minimum requirements to use cTrader at “Install cTrader” section of our support site. In addition we recommend you to check out cTrader Web (which runs on all new browsers, including Safari) provides an identical user experience to our downloadable cTrader platform. We would appreciate if you tried it out on your MAC and we kindly ask you to contact your Broker to provide you with the link to cTrader Web.

@Spotware

nhen
17 Dec 2015, 00:50

RE:

Hi,

I'm running 8GB of RAM so double the requirements.

I would prefer not to use the web platform, is there any troubleshooting we can do to assess why the platform is locking up during volatile conditions?

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

You might not have enough memory to support the use of cTrader, Windows 10 on Boot Camp and Mac OXs all together. You could check the minimum requirements to use cTrader at “Install cTrader” section of our support site. In addition we recommend you to check out cTrader Web (which runs on all new browsers, including Safari) provides an identical user experience to our downloadable cTrader platform. We would appreciate if you tried it out on your MAC and we kindly ask you to contact your Broker to provide you with the link to cTrader Web.

@nhen

Spotware
17 Dec 2015, 01:01

Dear Trader,

You could submit troubleshooting information to our support team by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T when you experience the issues you described?

Please put a the title of the post as a comment to the troubleshooting information textbox

In addition, could send us also an email at troubleshooting@spotware.com with the exact time, Timezone, Broker Name, account number, right after you submit the troubleshooting information.

@Spotware

nhen
17 Dec 2015, 13:13

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

You could submit troubleshooting information to our support team by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T when you experience the issues you described?

Please put a the title of the post as a comment to the troubleshooting information textbox

In addition, could send us also an email at troubleshooting@spotware.com with the exact time, Timezone, Broker Name, account number, right after you submit the troubleshooting information.

Thank you.

I have just submitted the data as advised. Please let me know once the team has assessed and more is known.

@nhen

Spotware
17 Dec 2015, 23:21

Dear Trader,

Could you please check your internet connection with your ISP?

As we can see from the information you sent, cTrader disconnects frequently because you have huge latency.  

@Spotware

nhen
18 Dec 2015, 12:51

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

As we can see from the information you sent, cTrader disconnects frequently because you have huge latency.  

Thanks for that, but that's not it. I have now tried 3 different connections, all with very low ping and MB down. The lag is present just as bad on each link.

It is definitely something in the software; short of rebuilding my laptop which I obviously want to avoid, I cannot resolve this.

Please assist.

@nhen

nhen
18 Dec 2015, 12:51

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

I have also just submitted another error log using a very quick connection.

@nhen

Stanocci
05 Apr 2016, 16:19

RE:

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same thing as you are and it is driving me nuts. I have a fast pc, enough rams, cpu and so on. Fast internet connection. connection to the tradingservers 2ms/15ms. I live near Amsterdam and my broker is situated in Sydney, AU. Already did a request for solving this issue at my broker and spotware.

I have around 15 charts open with a bunch of indicators and I like to scan with pace through the charts. Normal situation I would say especially wanting to trade London open multiple pairs.  Some indicators make the platform unusable by heavy lagging, for instance, the TDI or TCCI.

Did you encounter some solution?

nhen said:

Hi there,

I have an issue with my cTrader platform that occurs everytime volatility picks up (Frankie and London open onwards). The platform stalls when flicking through charts, my crosshair even lags and the whole program slows right down.

This is obviously not ideal when trying to trade..

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I rectify? I'm running the latest version on a new MacBook Pro using W10 through Bootcamp, laptop has sufficient RAM and other programs are closed during trading. This does not occur using other software or trading platforms.

Please help!

@Stanocci

Spotware
18 Apr 2016, 16:50

Dear Stanocci,

We recommend you ask the developers of these custom indicators to try to optimize their codes.We don't interfere with the source code of other developers.

@Spotware

MZen
08 Nov 2023, 14:52

The same issue! CTrader constantly freeze, especially during news times. The same problem for desktop, mobile and web with two brokers. My internet is fine. 

@MZen