I am scared to death to use cTrader ID now

Created at 04 Dec 2015, 01:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IR

ironmine

Joined 29.09.2015

I am scared to death to use cTrader ID now
04 Dec 2015, 01:42

Two weeks ago the live feed from my broker disconnected on VPS.

I thought it was an unlucky coincidence.

Yesterday, right in front of my eyes, the live feed was lost 4 times, two times on each account (I have two accounts). The live feed was lost just after a position had been opened and the robot stopped controlling it. It ended up eventually with a loss.

I think it has something to do with using the same cTrader ID on VPS and at home and changing the workspace.  cTrader on VPS tries to change the workspace too and gives an error message "can't change because a cBot is running". Sometimes it's just an error message, but sometimes it results in a lost data feed from the broker and then I cannot log back in unless I stop cBots.

The workspace feature is a mess.

Now I am scared to death to use cTrader ID. I'd better log into each account in the usual manner.

Please implement the feature to allow to unlink trading accounts from cTrader ID. 

@ironmine
Replies

mindbreaker
04 Dec 2015, 10:54

RE:

ironmine said:

Two weeks ago the live feed from my broker disconnected on VPS.

I thought it was an unlucky coincidence.

Yesterday, right in front of my eyes, the live feed was lost 4 times, two times on each account (I have two accounts). The live feed was lost just after a position had been opened and the robot stopped controlling it. It ended up eventually with a loss.

I think it has something to do with using the same cTrader ID on VPS and at home and changing the workspace.  cTrader on VPS tries to change the workspace too and gives an error message "can't change because a cBot is running". Sometimes it's just an error message, but sometimes it results in a lost data feed from the broker and then I cannot log back in unless I stop cBots.

The workspace feature is a mess.

Now I am scared to death to use cTrader ID. I'd better log into each account in the usual manner.

Please implement the feature to allow to unlink trading accounts from cTrader ID. 

Dear Trader,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it. Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

Buahahahahahahahaha...........

@mindbreaker

ironmine
04 Dec 2015, 11:21

There is also this bug: cBots sometimes don't remember there settings after your log out of your account and/or restart cTrader.

When I restarted cTrader first time, I checked the parameters of my cBots, there were ok (as I set them last time), so I just activated the cBots.

Second time I had to restart cTrader, I thought that the cBots remember the parameters again, it was 02:00 am and I wanted to sleep very much, so I activated the cBots without checking their values.

On the next day I decided to see what's going on VPS. One position was opened but it had no stop loss. my hair nearly went grey when I saw it. All my cBots should set Stop Losses. That's how I set them up. So, how was it possible?  As it turned out, the cBots were running in their blank state (with default settings).

So, check your cBots settings before you activate them.

@ironmine

mindbreaker
04 Dec 2015, 11:27

RE:

This post was removed by moderator.

@mindbreaker

ironmine
04 Dec 2015, 11:47

RE: RE:

This post was removed by moderator.

@ironmine

Spotware
04 Dec 2015, 14:27

RE:

Dear Trader,

We tried to reproduce your issue without success.

Could you please provide us with more information and the steps to reproduce it?

Any information could be useful to us, regardless if it doesn't seem to be important.

ironmine said:

There is also this bug: cBots sometimes don't remember there settings after your log out of your account and/or restart cTrader.

When I restarted cTrader first time, I checked the parameters of my cBots, there were ok (as I set them last time), so I just activated the cBots.

Second time I had to restart cTrader, I thought that the cBots remember the parameters again, it was 02:00 am and I wanted to sleep very much, so I activated the cBots without checking their values.

On the next day I decided to see what's going on VPS. One position was opened but it had no stop loss. my hair nearly went grey when I saw it. All my cBots should set Stop Losses. That's how I set them up. So, how was it possible?  As it turned out, the cBots were running in their blank state (with default settings).

So, check your cBots settings before you activate them.

@Spotware

ironmine
04 Dec 2015, 14:50

RE: RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Could you please provide us with more information and the steps to reproduce it?

Any information could be useful to us, regarfsddless if it doesn't seem to be important.

I don't want to try to reproduce it. But it may be linked to this problem:

When placing a cBot one a chart, if the symbol or the time of the chart does not coincide with the parameters of the cBot being installed (for example, you try to install a cBot designed for 8 hour time frame on 1 hour time frame), it gives a warning (that time frames do not coincide) and suggests to either move the cBot to the correct chart and to ignore the warning. If you choose to move the cBot to the correct chart, it will open the appropriate chart and the cBot will be placed there. So far, so good. BUT... the first chart will remain open (with no cBot) and it becomes impossible to close it. The close button is not active.

Please let the users unlink trading accounts from CTID.  Why you stubbornly refuse to implement this simple feature requested by many already?

@ironmine

mindbreaker
04 Dec 2015, 19:47

just forex

ironmine said:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Any information could be useful to us, regarfsddless if it doesn't seem to be important.

I don't want to try to reproduce it. But it may be linked to this problem:

When placing a cBot one a chart, if the symbol or the time of the chart does not coincide with the parameters of the cBot being installed (for example, you try to install a cBot designed for 8 hour time frame on 1 hour time frame), it gives a warning (that time frames do not coincide) and suggests to either move the cBot to the correct chart and to ignore the warning. If you choose to move the cBot to the correct chart, it will open the appropriate chart and the cBot will be placed there. So far, so good. BUT... the first chart will remain open (with no cBot) and it becomes impossible to close it. The close button is not active.

Please let the users unlink trading accounts from CTID.  Why you stubbornly refuse to implement this simple feature requested by many already?

It is standard on the forex.
Loss of connection, cBots, failures, trailing did not attach, price requote and always in cAlgo Not responding.
And usually at a loss rather than profit.

You can connect only one cBot to cTID (but for what purpose then use ctid. Instead of (how people) normally passwords for accounts.)

Nice day ;)

@mindbreaker