Trend line

Created at 17 Nov 2015, 15:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

DavalRista

Joined 02.12.2014

Trend line
17 Nov 2015, 15:06

Hello,

I draw short horizontal lines on a regular basis and for doing that I have to use a "trend line" and just pin point it as horizontal, and the issue is that every time I manage to draw it horizontal it shortens for 50% or even more and I have to extend it and pin point it again and that could happen 3 times in a row..very frustrating.

Thank you and kind regards,

Jan

@DavalRista
Replies

Spotware
18 Nov 2015, 08:28

Dear Trader,

We tried to reproduce your issue without success.

Could you please send us a video at troubleshooting@spotware.com showing it? 

In addition, could you please tell us your Brokername and which cTrader platform you are using? ( If it's not shown in the video)

@Spotware

DavalRista
23 Nov 2015, 11:33

I've had this problem for about 6-8 months, but since creating this thread it seems to gone away - only produced it once since then...will send a video if it returns.

Thank you!

@DavalRista

DavalRista
20 Jan 2016, 12:02

Any news in regards to resolving this issue? I have sent a video couple months ago.

Thank you.

@DavalRista

Spotware
20 Jan 2016, 13:42

Dear Trader, 

We are still not able to reproduce your issue. However, we keep trying to reproduce it because of the video you send us. 

@Spotware

DavalRista
21 Jan 2016, 12:57

RE:

I see, are you sure you're drawing them as horizontal as you can? I'm experiencing this practically every day multiple times since sending the video.. anyway thank you for not giving up and good luck.

@DavalRista

Spotware
22 Jan 2016, 07:14

Dear Trader,

You could enable the “Show Angle” feature of the trend line settings, which will help you draw horizontal or vertical lines using the trend line. To enable this feature right click on the trend line and select the “Show Angle” field.

@Spotware

MaVe
02 Feb 2016, 14:00

Maybe you can try this:

/algos/indicators/show/1104

and this too:

/algos/indicators/show/1116

@MaVe

DavalRista
09 Feb 2016, 19:52

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

You could enable the “Show Angle” feature of the trend line settings, which will help you draw horizontal or vertical lines using the trend line. To enable this feature right click on the trend line and select the “Show Angle” field.

I know, thanks - the angle is either 0 or 180.. when trying to replicate my problem:

1. draw them a little above/below 0 or 180 angle, then
2. then expand the trendline (to make it longer) and draw it at a 0 or 180 angle, at that point the trendline should snap back to original length

Hope it helps..

@DavalRista

DavalRista
12 Apr 2016, 11:23

The issue still very much present.. :/

@DavalRista

DavalRista
25 May 2016, 21:59

Seriously, is this issue still being worked on? I mean if you can't fixed than just add a little feature where you hold shift and it holds the trendline in fixed horizontal position so you eliminate the hassle of drawing horizontal trendlines.

@DavalRista