Server Time Change

Created at 08 Apr 2013, 16:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NI

nirman

Joined 25.12.2011

Server Time Change
08 Apr 2013, 16:37

Dear Spotware Team,

It would be fantastic if you guys can implement a functionality to change server time. eg: change server time to UTC+4 . accordingly all the charts and their properties ie. OHLC and other indicators should also change as per the new server times. This will only impact charts for > 1hr timeframe as 1hr and below is independent of server time.

A second level enhancement can be to allow users to define server times as per currency pairs, so that users can trade different pairs using different time intervals. eg: EURUSD starts at UTC+2 and AUDUSD starts at UTC+10 etc.

best regards

@nirman
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
08 Apr 2013, 17:16

This is implemented for cTrader Web and it will be available on the next release. It will be available on cTrader windows as well, soon.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

nirman
09 Apr 2013, 03:35

Dear Spotware team,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to find this functionality on cTrader Web, but was unable to find it. Can you please guide me where to locate the button. 

best regards

@nirman

nirman
09 Apr 2013, 03:36

My apologies, I missed that you mentioned that it will be available on the next release.

@nirman

voirin
07 May 2013, 05:40

Hi, how is the inclusion of this functionality progressing? I would love to see it integrated soon.

It is a top priority of mine as it will allow me to get rid of the sunday candles, which only contain a few hours worth of data based on my broker's server location. This really disables indicators/calculations based on daily candles.

Also, will you incorporate daylight saving corrections when altering server time?

Cheers.

@voirin

cAlgo_Fanatic
09 May 2013, 15:49

The addition of user defined time offset is in progress and will be available in one of the nearest releases. This will not remove Sunday bars, offseting the time will shift the time of the bar to appear that the bar is on Monday 00:00:00 instead of  Sunday 23:00:00.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

voirin
09 May 2013, 23:52

Thanks for that. Yep, that's what I meant. I wanted the ability for the time coordinate to be transformed by an additive constant, without any loss in data.

@voirin