How do you turn off auto scaling?

Created at 29 Sep 2015, 04:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ST

StructureTrader

Joined 29.09.2015

How do you turn off auto scaling?
29 Sep 2015, 04:03

Hi,

How do you turn off auto scaling so you can scroll back the charts? 

Thanks

@StructureTrader
Replies

Spotware
29 Sep 2015, 16:59

Dear Trader,

Currently we don’t provide users the ability to set fixed chart scales. It’s in our plans to provide it in the future. Additionally, you can vote for it in: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5586287-fixed-chart-scale

@Spotware

iint200
24 Apr 2016, 17:41

Hi has the the 'scale fix' option been implemented yet? 

Thanks

@iint200

Spotware
26 Apr 2016, 16:36

Dear Traders,

The auto scale feature is activated when you scroll back using the mouse wheel or the scroll bars. When you move the chart using the mouse (free chart mode) the chart won't scale.

@Spotware

martins
16 Feb 2020, 18:12

How do you turn off autoscroll for the backtest chart - it doesn't seem to have free chart mode.

I wanted to scroll back through a test without the vertical scale moving about. Just having it not automatically re-enlarge after I manually shrink the vertical scale would help, perhaps automatically move it up or down to fit would be ok, but without rescaling, so if I've shrunk it enough it won't alter even if scroll horizontally through whole test.

@martins

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Feb 2020, 09:46

Hi martins,

There is no such option at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

klintcabornay
01 Sep 2022, 06:16

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Currently we don’t provide users the ability to set fixed chart scales. It’s in our plans to provide it in the future. Additionally, you can vote for it in: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5586287-fixed-chart-scale

Hi, I would like to ask for the status of this? The link reverts me back to the suggestions tab and not to the voting thing.

I humbly wish the platform to prevent stretching the scale of the chart after shrinking the scale vertically and exiting the platform or moving from other workspace.

Thank you.

@klintcabornay

BBMG
21 Oct 2022, 16:01 ( Updated at: 23 Sep 2023, 08:04 )

This trader hates auto scale too

Auto scaling is by far the most annoying thing about cTrader. It's been complained about for a decade (maybe longer) and little has been done about it. cTrader could learn a LOT from Quantower in this regard, in my opinion Quantower has the best charting experience available. Middle scroll wheel zooms horizontal, ctrl+ middle scroll wheel zooms vertical, you never have to judge your mouse position for scaling, it's so fast and intuitive and an absolute joy to use. Flipping back to cTrader and only one access is taken care of with the mouse, the other you have to use the scale bar and as soon as that auto scale kicks in.. cringe.. I just want out. It's cTraders order management that keeps me using it, the best in the game in this regard.

Ditch auto scale at a bare minimum and implement mouse wheel control of both vertical/horizontal scales.. this and better management of indicators and I'll be a much happier trader.

Edit: Yippee, indicator workflow has been well taken care of, thanks Spotware!

@BBMG

... Deleted by UFO ...

mikefox
06 Dec 2023, 12:24

One thin i dont understand is why implementations take such time and clients have replies as we dont.

Well you should think like this. 

People use this tools to make money if anything risks them to lose it change it to dump it. 

And ive seen loads of posts pointing towards rather irritating matters that could potentially risk a trade due to example bad visibility wrong settings ranges limites customisabillity.

I Suggest plattform developers try to keep pace listen more work more.

Becouse python accomplishes everything clients wish for trough api algo trading company services. 

For gods sake the youth are even making their own bots and indis on it. 

If anything else turn of the limitations on the plattforms so the clients can use it freely.,

Its the clients money its the clients that choose how to use it.

Anything else is arrogant. 

@mikefox

ChrisSpire
22 Jul 2024, 08:58

RE: How do you turn off auto scaling?

Also actively looking for this solution. I have also tried to look for API methods I could use to implement this on my own — but it's not possible.

It's not a trivial feature ask. All major platforms available on the market (MT4/5, TradingView, QuanTower, …) have the ability to fix scale because it is a higly useful feature.

I hope you will evetually implement this.

Thank you,

Chris

mikefox said: 

One thin i dont understand is why implementations take such time and clients have replies as we dont.

Well you should think like this. 

People use this tools to make money if anything risks them to lose it change it to dump it. 

And ive seen loads of posts pointing towards rather irritating matters that could potentially risk a trade due to example bad visibility wrong settings ranges limites customisabillity.

I Suggest plattform developers try to keep pace listen more work more.

Becouse python accomplishes everything clients wish for trough api algo trading company services. 

For gods sake the youth are even making their own bots and indis on it. 

If anything else turn of the limitations on the plattforms so the clients can use it freely.,

Its the clients money its the clients that choose how to use it.

Anything else is arrogant. 

@ChrisSpire