cTrader wont install/run

Created at 27 Aug 2015, 13:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
WI

wizball

Joined 27.08.2015

cTrader wont install/run
27 Aug 2015, 13:20

Hi, I've scowered search engines, and this forum, but I've been unable to come up with a working solution. I am completely unable to install cTrader.

Error Results

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
	clr.dll 			: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
	dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///C:/Users/DAVE&C~1/AppData/Local/Temp/cTrader/Spotware/xTrader.application
	Application url			: file:///C:/Users/DAVE&C~1/AppData/Local/Temp/cTrader/Spotware/cTrader%20AppFiles/1.30.58489.34635/xTrader.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: xTrader - FxPro, Version=1.30.58489.34635, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b1d787f64b7eb41, processorArchitecture=msil
	Application Identity		: xTrader - FxPro, Version=1.30.58489.34635, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b1d787f64b7eb41, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.
	* Trust url parameter is set.
ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
	* Activation of C:\Users\DAVE&C~1\AppData\Local\Temp\is-ICF8G.tmp\..\cTrader\Spotware\xTrader.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:12] : Activation of C:\Users\DAVE&C~1\AppData\Local\Temp\is-ICF8G.tmp\..\cTrader\Spotware\xTrader.application has started.
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:12] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:12] : Installation of the application has started.
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:12] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:13] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:13] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: mscorlib
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
	* [27/08/2015 11:18:13] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: mscorlib
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.

Any ideas

@wizball
Replies

Spotware
27 Aug 2015, 13:38

Dear Trader, 

We recommend you to remove the ClickOnce file directory and try to install the application again.

How to clear the ClickOnce file directory:

1. Open C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Apps
  2. Delete the folder 2.0
  3. Reinstall the application

@Spotware

wizball
27 Aug 2015, 13:48

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader, 

We recommend you to remove the ClickOnce file directory and try to install the application again.

How to clear the ClickOnce file directory:

1. Open C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Apps
  2. Delete the folder 2.0
  3. Reinstall the application

Thanks for the reply, I've tried this before and again just now, receiving the same error. I've removed all temp files, done a registry clean as well just to be thorough. Currently running on Windows 10, and I've just install cTrader to my laptop (also on windows 10) successfully.

@wizball

Spotware
27 Aug 2015, 14:02

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to perform the following steps:

1. Go ‘My Documents’ delete any cTrader and cAlgo folders

2. Enter the below in the SEARCH bar of your PC’s start menu: “%LOCALAPPDATA%”

3. Open folder “LOCAL”, then “APPS” and delete the “2.0” folder

4. Uninstall .NET framework from his computer (restart may be required)

5. Install the latest .NET from microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045560 and restart his computer

6. Try to install cTrader again.

@Spotware

wizball
27 Aug 2015, 15:01

Appreciate the quick replies, there's never anything in Documents from the install, it doesn't matter how many times I delete the 2.0 folder, it changes nothing, I've Windows 10 installed and you cant uninstall .Net, which is also updated to the latest version 4.6, as I've checked in the registry which is also reporting versions 1.1, 2 and 3.5, 4 and 4.6.

I'm at a complete loss how I can install the application on my laptop with win 10, and not my desktop with win 10, both updated with the same disk. Just before you suggest it, I'm not re-installing windows 10, I appreciate your help but if this isn't resolved soon I'll have no choice but to use alternatives

@wizball

garyk76
28 Aug 2015, 06:09

RE:

Hi, try running it as admin, I was getting strange errors with Win 10 as well, running it as admin fixed my problem.

wizball said:

Appreciate the quick replies, there's never anything in Documents from the install, it doesn't matter how many times I delete the 2.0 folder, it changes nothing, I've Windows 10 installed and you cant uninstall .Net, which is also updated to the latest version 4.6, as I've checked in the registry which is also reporting versions 1.1, 2 and 3.5, 4 and 4.6.

I'm at a complete loss how I can install the application on my laptop with win 10, and not my desktop with win 10, both updated with the same disk. Just before you suggest it, I'm not re-installing windows 10, I appreciate your help but if this isn't resolved soon I'll have no choice but to use alternatives

@garyk76

wizball
28 Aug 2015, 09:35

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd tried that as well, but no joy, I finally found a solution, because I have it successfully installed on my laptop, I deleted the 2.0 folder on there and ran the shortcut the installer places on the desktop, turns out its not a shortcut but the actual exe, it proceeded to download all the necessary dlls, and ran, so I just copied the laptop exe across to my desktop and bingo, it ran, downloaded the necessary dlls and I now have it installed, doesn't solve the problem why the original installer failed though, it is however the only application I've had do this.

@wizball

pablotrade
02 Sep 2015, 18:57

RE:

Hi, I have the same problem, I tried everything they said, and anything works. 

wizball said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd tried that as well, but no joy, I finally found a solution, because I have it successfully installed on my laptop, I deleted the 2.0 folder on there and ran the shortcut the installer places on the desktop, turns out its not a shortcut but the actual exe, it proceeded to download all the necessary dlls, and ran, so I just copied the laptop exe across to my desktop and bingo, it ran, downloaded the necessary dlls and I now have it installed, doesn't solve the problem why the original installer failed though, it is however the only application I've had do this.

@pablotrade

pablotrade
02 Sep 2015, 22:39 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

I have tried everything you suggest, but

I allways get this message

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

5. Install the latest .NET from microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045560 and restart his computer

@pablotrade

pablotrade
05 Sep 2015, 07:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: RE:

Ready, I had to restore Windows 10, I don´t know, maybe another program or an Visual C++ don´t let my ctrader works. No, it is working on windows 10.

pablotrade said:

I have tried everything you suggest, but

I allways get this message

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

@pablotrade