platform connectivity/freezing issues, how to do a clean reinstall of ctrader?

Created at 21 Aug 2015, 19:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VO

voirin

Joined 07.05.2013

platform connectivity/freezing issues, how to do a clean reinstall of ctrader?
21 Aug 2015, 19:25

Hi, can anyone tell me how to do a clean reinstall of ctrader on windows 10? A simple uninstall/reinstall does not do the trick as all data seems to be cached somewhere, as are my templates.

I'm having all sorts of problems. Platform freezes very often. When I restart, it has trouble connecting. When it does connect, charts are not being updated. If prices are updated and I'm on a 5m candle, it doesn't start the next candle after the countdown reaches 00:00.

This is frustrating, especially when I'm in a trade; as half the time I don't know whether the market is quiet, or the platform has frozen.

This was not happening a week ago. I'm hoping a clean reinstall will do the trick.

Thanks.

@voirin
Replies

Spotware
21 Aug 2015, 19:38

Dear Trader,

Please have a look at the following threads: /forum/calgo-support/2019/forum/ctrader-support/2339

@Spotware

voirin
22 Aug 2015, 23:39

Thanks for the reply. I have followed your instructions provided, namely:

• Go to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ 
  • You will find there some folders starting with your broker name, e.g. broker name cAlgo, broker name cTrader, etc.
  • Remove those folders that start with the broker name.

In addition to:

• remove the following folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

However upon reinstall, I noticed that I can still see my former created templates. Where are these located? Where else is ctrader hiding files on my system?

@voirin

Spotware
24 Aug 2015, 06:49

Dear Trader,

The templates are saved in:  C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cTrader\Templates

@Spotware

voirin
26 Aug 2015, 06:29

Thanks for that

@voirin

trelleronto
14 Mar 2020, 14:03

Hi.

I had the same problem. It is not ctrader, it is probably the windows version you are using. I had updated my windows 10 and only after that the ctrader app started giving me issues. Only after updating my windows after trying a whole lot of things trying to fix this issue, the problem got solved.

Update your windows again. This problems seems to persist on windows 10 mostly, but just update it, that should do.

Hope this helps.

With pip love. Sharp.

@trelleronto