Does not work with Windows 10

Created at 21 Aug 2015, 07:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GA

garyk76

Joined 21.08.2015

Does not work with Windows 10
21 Aug 2015, 07:19

My Ctrader does not work with Windows 10, when will you lease a version compatible with Win 10 ?  I am not sure if its just my computer or its just not compatible with Win 10. I know they don't advertise Win 10 as a compatible OS, however all my programs from Win 7 work fine.

@garyk76
Replies

Spotware
21 Aug 2015, 12:45

Dear Trader,

cTrader works fine on Windows 10.

Could you please inform us if you receive any error messages?

@Spotware

zilva
21 Aug 2015, 15:50

I'll agree, cTrader an cAlgo works fine. I still use Win 10 since Buid 10074 (Insider Preview), and no problems yet.

@zilva

garyk76
21 Aug 2015, 17:24 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Thank you for your reply, I get the following error. I tried downloading and reinstalling and I still get the same error, however when reinstalling I did not uninstall the precious version.

@garyk76

Spotware
25 Aug 2015, 11:42

Dear Trader,

Could you please check and change the permissions of cTrader and cAlgo folders?

They are located at:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cTrader

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo

@Spotware

pablotrade
02 Sep 2015, 20:17

RE:

In my laptop it doesn´t  work. I installed, but windows said FxPro stopped working....

I reinstalled it trying everythig (erase app 2.0, erase cAlgo... clean everything) but any way, it doesn´t work

zilva said:

I'll agree, cTrader an cAlgo works fine. I still use Win 10 since Buid 10074 (Insider Preview), and no problems yet.

@pablotrade

pablotrade
03 Sep 2015, 03:42 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Same problem, I tried everything they suggest but It doesnt work.

• Go ‘My Documents’ delete any cTrader and cAlgo folders

• Enter the below in the SEARCH bar of your PC’s start menu: “%LOCALAPPDATA%”

• Open folder “LOCAL”, then “APPS” and delete the “2.0” folder

• Uninstall .NET framework from his computer (restart may be required)

• Install the latest .NET from microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045560 and restart his computer

• Try to install cTrader again.

But, I allways get this message

garyk76 said:

My Ctrader does not work with Windows 10, when will you lease a version compatible with Win 10 ?  I am not sure if its just my computer or its just not compatible with Win 10. I know they don't advertise Win 10 as a compatible OS, however all my programs from Win 7 work fine.

@pablotrade

pablotrade
05 Sep 2015, 01:47 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

I am really fed up. I can't get it works. Allways the same message. I tried everything but....

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

They are located at:

@pablotrade

pablotrade
05 Sep 2015, 07:27 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: RE:

Ready, I restore system and know it works on windows 10.

pablotrade said:

I am really fed up. I can't get it works. Allways the same message. I tried everything but....

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

They are located at:

@pablotrade

pablotrade
05 Sep 2015, 07:27 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: RE:

Ready, I restore system and know it works on windows 10.

pablotrade said:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

They are located at:

@pablotrade

dexielou
18 Jun 2016, 12:02 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: cTrader Error

I have Windows 8.1 Pro and also having the same problem... I tried everything, uninstalled .net Framework and cTrader then reinstalled it but same problem again. I'm using cTrader from browser atm. :(

@dexielou

moneybiz
18 Jun 2016, 13:08

I had the same problem with my laptop and Windows 10.
I don't know how it exactly disappeared bu I remember it was mismatch of .NET versions installed and the version cAlgo/cTrader was using.
Enable the Windows Updates maybe there is some fix for such mismatch.
Try to install .Net 3.5, 4 (if possible).
Otherwise reinstall the Windows 10.

@moneybiz

Spotware
22 Jun 2016, 12:33

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to perform a clean installation of cTrader. You can find the steps to perform it in the Performing a clean installation of cTrader section of our User support site. We kindly ask you to perform the steps in the exact order they are written.

... I'm using cTrader from browser atm. :(

Could you please further explain us what you are saying. Unfortunately, we are not sure we understand what you mean.

@Spotware

cyberduchman
03 Aug 2016, 11:31

Mine ctrader platform freeze al the time, it think it is a .net framework issue verion 4.6.1 on windows 10 because it works fine on my other pc using windows 7 version 4.0.3 .net framework. Please spotware can you fix this?

@cyberduchman

Spotware
03 Aug 2016, 14:22

RE:

cyberduchman said:

Mine ctrader platform freeze al the time, it think it is a .net framework issue verion 4.6.1 on windows 10 because it works fine on my other pc using windows 7 version 4.0.3 .net framework. Please spotware can you fix this?

Dear trader, could you please send us more detailed description of your issue to the email feedback@spotware.com. In particular, when you say freeze, do you mean that prices are not being updated, or the whole platform stops to respond? We would also need the detailed characteristics of your PC that has the issue.  

@Spotware