Are we all open beta testers?

Created at 18 Aug 2015, 13:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

vitalikifel

Joined 07.08.2015

Are we all open beta testers?
18 Aug 2015, 13:12

Gday guys,

does someone else feels like all cTrader and cAlgo users are like tester of a Software in a open beta statium?

I do!

And it doesn't mater if it's the Web, Windows or Android version of cTrader and it doesn't even mater which Broker and if have testet some of them.

Here are some examples:

- Simple stuff like scrolling does sometimes not work

- Login takes ages (especially in the android app)

- Sometimes it don't load my settings and when i have saved them as template the template don't exist no more

- Sometimes when i close the web or the android version for just a few sec i have to log in again (expecially in the android version)

- And anyway the android version is sometimes so slow or just freezes when i do simple stuff like adding or modiffying an indicator or open up a chart

- When i do backtesting in cAlgo on the same pair with exactly the same settings it shows me each time completely different results

I really do like all the Software made by Spotware and its features and i think its the most innovative trading software of the past few years but there are some bugs they should not be there.

I really think about going back to MT4 even i hate it but with primitive bugs like that it really makes no fun and it even can be dangerous.

I don't want to wait ages till my phone opens up the app, then i just want to add an indocator but suddenly the app just freezes and i need to restart again and need to wait again till the app logs me in my account and take care all the time to dont click something wrong so the app freezes or shuts down again.

Or when i just want to scroll down my trading history in the Web app but i cant scroll at all.

Or i want to backtest a bot and without even changing anything i do two times the same backtest with completely different results.

So instead of adding more and more features to your software you should sit down and test the hell out of your current versions and try to fix as much as possible.

@vitalikifel
Replies

olddirtypipster
19 Aug 2015, 02:02

RE:

vitalikifel said:

Gday guys,

does someone else feels like all cTrader and cAlgo users are like tester of a Software in a open beta statium?

I do!

And it doesn't mater if it's the Web, Windows or Android version of cTrader and it doesn't even mater which Broker and if have testet some of them.

Here are some examples:

- Sometimes it don't load my settings and when i have saved them as template the template don't exist no more

- Sometimes when i close the web or the android version for just a few sec i have to log in again (expecially in the android version)

- And anyway the android version is sometimes so slow or just freezes when i do simple stuff like adding or modiffying an indicator or open up a chart

- When i do backtesting in cAlgo on the same pair with exactly the same settings it shows me each time completely different results

I really do like all the Software made by Spotware and its features and i think its the most innovative trading software of the past few years but there are some bugs they should not be there.

I really think about going back to MT4 even i hate it but with primitive bugs like that it really makes no fun and it even can be dangerous.

I don't want to wait ages till my phone opens up the app, then i just want to add an indocator but suddenly the app just freezes and i need to restart again and need to wait again till the app logs me in my account and take care all the time to dont click something wrong so the app freezes or shuts down again.

Or when i just want to scroll down my trading history in the Web app but i cant scroll at all.

Or i want to backtest a bot and without even changing anything i do two times the same backtest with completely different results.

So instead of adding more and more features to your software you should sit down and test the hell out of your current versions and try to fix as much as possible.

Have you consistently profited from cTrader and are you still doing so?

Have you consistently profited from MT4 and are you still doing so?

This should be the deciding factor on what you do next.

@olddirtypipster

vitalikifel
19 Aug 2015, 10:00

RE: RE:

olddirtypipster said:

vitalikifel said:

Gday guys,

I do!

Here are some examples:

Have you consistently profited from cTrader and are you still doing so?

Have you consistently profited from MT4 and are you still doing so?

This should be the deciding factor on what you do next.

Your questions have less to do with the actual topic. The topic question was not "cTrader or MetaTrader" :P

But to give you a counterquestion: Do you think how good your work (trades) goes depends on how good and in what conditions your tools (platform) are? And does it mater how good you can work with your tools to do your work properly?

And as i mentioned i dont like MetaTrader. Its a outdated piece of software from the last decade. Always when i start the platform i have to think about my second computer with windows 98 and office 2000 on it :D

@vitalikifel

ClickAlgo
19 Aug 2015, 11:39

I think cTrader and cAlgo are young products that need to mature, there will be bugs and issues until it becomes an adult, they first launched in 2011, compared to Meta-trader which launched as early as 2002, Meta-trader has a 9 year head start, there is a lot of promise in cTrader for the future if they listen to the customers and have a better support department.

@ClickAlgo

olddirtypipster
19 Aug 2015, 21:33

To answer your question, given the nature of the 21st century financial markets, how good your work (trades) goes most definitely depends on how good and in what conditions your tools are. I will explain why, but first, you need to know where we are at currently, and recognize that many brokers, and platform developers seem to still be stuck in an antiquated 20th century model of how users should interact with the markets.

Not to steer away from the topic, but both platforms are ineffective for the 21st century. cTrader has lots of potential, but unfortunately, the developers seem fixated on designing this platform to be a prettier version of the same existing product, verses providing its users to interact with a 21st century high speed, high frequency market that demands that traders also be able to interact DIRECTLY with the raw financial data.

A  closed black-boxed platform such as MT4 and to some extent cTrader should NOT be the central core of trading. What do I mean by this?

Given the raw speed of financial markets, the human brain is no longer in a position to interpret price movements at the speeds required to make successful trades by staring at price charts and static indicators. It is no longer optional, but MANDATORY that the user be able to employ statistical models to operate directly on the high speed data coming through (and by models  I DO NOT mean simply using existing EA, or lifeless, lagging indicators).

An understanding of order-flow comes from the statistical analysis of how prices and rate of change prices per volume vary on a tick by tick basis over a moving average period. This can only be done algorithmically, and requires the user to have an intimate connection with pure, reliable level 2 non-aggregated data, that can them be filtered for degeneracy in prices and re-aggregated with several other venues for a complete picture of how the volatile currents in the vast, decentralized ocean of Forex liquidity ebb an

As implied before, the trading platform should no longer be designed to be the central tool for a trader. DATA as you cannot get what you need by staring at a price chart, and guessing what might happen next based on what happened before.

To know what is happening RIGHT NOW, you need instant and direct access to the data NOW. You also need the skills extract useful information from that instantaneous data,  juxtapose it with what happened in the short-term intra-day past, be able to intelligently and very quickly browse past data for similar market conditions, reference and those past market conditions with what you have NOW, and then form a trading decision based on all this information presented back to you.

This requires a highly open-ended, Integrated Trading Developer Platform where traders may develop their own 'statistical code' and seamlessly apply this code to the data at hand where the, DATA becomes the central feature that determines the success of a forex trader. The Chart View and Trade execution interface would now be relegated to secondary features, or even completely separate features from the primary platform whose sole purpose would be to make sense of the real-time market intelligently.

Are we all beta testers? Yes. Sadly, the direction that Spotware seems to be taking is in making a newer, shiner, .NET'ier version of the same old, same old. They seem more focused on making a better MT4, than on revolutionizing how retail forex trading can and should be done.

@olddirtypipster

juergen.kral
15 Aug 2023, 20:19

cTrader IS BETA ONLY!

I must say - I thank for this post!

I have the same experience with cTrader: SL not recognized, graphics-elements are awefull, etc.

PROBLEM over PROBLEMS!!!

And: cTrader is cost a share per trade!

MT5 is in this aspect relailable.

Developer of cTrader: FIX the BUGS!

@juergen.kral

PanagiotisChar
16 Aug 2023, 07:16

RE: cTrader IS BETA ONLY!

juergen.kral said: 

I must say - I thank for this post!

I have the same experience with cTrader: SL not recognized, graphics-elements are awefull, etc.

PROBLEM over PROBLEMS!!!

And: cTrader is cost a share per trade!

MT5 is in this aspect relailable.

Developer of cTrader: FIX the BUGS!

Hi there,

This thread is 8 years old :) If you have specific problems, just report them one by one and the team usually attends to them.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...