cTrader Web - lots of issues across multiple browsers/machines

Created at 11 Jun 2015, 12:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FR

FreshFromTheGrave

Joined 11.06.2015

cTrader Web - lots of issues across multiple browsers/machines
11 Jun 2015, 12:40

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble with cTrader Web that I'd like to put out there and see if Spotware or the community has any experience with the same issues.

My machines/browsers are:

2x high end Windows 8.1 desktops running the latest versions of Chrome.

2014 Macbook Air running latest version of Yosemite tested with latest versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox all with varying degrees of issues.

Broker is Pepperstone with a demo account.

Symptoms:

In all browsers the advanced take profit does not work well. Hitting the first take profit line will do things like remove the 2nd take profit line and the move stop loss to break even will fail to work.

In all browsers after hitting a stop loss the stop loss line will grey out and it will appear as though the trade is still going on. Clicking the close order button will result in a "order id *** cannot be modified due to a technical error" cTrader pop up being displayed. Refreshing the browser will show that the stop loss was hit and order was indeed closed.

In all browsers there are times when using quicktrade that it will appear that nothing has happened. Clicking multiple times on buy/sell at the top of the chart window will do nothing, but upon refreshing the browser multiple orders will have in fact been made.

In Safari the keyboard cannot be used to type in numbers in the advanced take profit window.

In all browsers but mostly Safari the charts will occasionally freeze (not a broker issue) but upon refreshing the browser things will carry on as normal.

In all browsers after a stop loss is hit, the stop loss line will grey out and orders cannot be placed without "technical error" popups until refreshing the browser.

In all browsers advanced take profit lines, and trailing stops/breakeven stops are sometimes ignored, in particular if the browser window or tab is not in full focus. These can sometimes rapidly update upon refocusing the window.

In Firefox the entire thing is just slow and unresponsive, and still shows many of the symptoms above.

In general there is a lot of dodgyness with the web version of cTrader for me across all major browsers, operating systems and computers that requires constant refreshing of the browser. Removing all my indicators does not appear to alleviate any symptoms.

If anyone has any clues or experience with any issues similar to these please chime in and lets see if we can find a solution.

(also Spotware please make a native OSX desktop version so that none of this would matter!)

Thanks for reading!

@FreshFromTheGrave
Replies

FreshFromTheGrave
11 Jun 2015, 13:05

Just to add:

Just tried removing all indicators and using only 1 chart window and not using fullscreen mode. Issues are all still present. Using advanced take profit the move stop loss to break even worked and subsequently removed all my take profit lines. Take profit lines once placed back again fail to work and simply grey out when hit. They will not work again until refreshing the browser.

@FreshFromTheGrave

FreshFromTheGrave
11 Jun 2015, 13:13

And one last thing, using incognito mode with all extensions removed does not help. All symptoms still present.

@FreshFromTheGrave

Dusty
11 Jun 2015, 16:45

Problems

Sorry to hear of your problems but glad to hear some one else is have problems with the web version and its not just me.

I can't run it in chrome as i end up with a gap on the right of the chart where it will not sit properly no matter how many times i refresh the screen.

My CPU is going mental running the web version have tried it in Chrome and firefox to try an stop the problem the CPU is running between 90% and 120% at the moment with the fan on overdrive and would love a Mac desktop version. 

@Dusty

Dusty
11 Jun 2015, 16:53

RE: Problems

Just to add as well i only am using 2 MA indicators with no grid and as clean a chart as i can make it so really no complicated info on the page as such.

With several tabs open on pairs i'm watching.

@Dusty

Spotware
12 Jun 2015, 12:00

Dear Traders,

Thank you for sharing detailed information about those issues. We will investigate them.

@Spotware

FreshFromTheGrave
12 Jun 2015, 15:54

Thanks Spotware! Please let me know if there is any additional information or screenshots/videos I can provide that would make things easier for you guys to diagnose these issues. For now my current solution is to remote into my PC at home running cTrader, which has it's advantages and disadvantages but I would like the option of using the web version as needed.

Are there still currently no plans for an OSX version of cTrader?

@FreshFromTheGrave

Alcibiade
11 Sep 2015, 12:57

RE:

-FreshFromTheGrave said:

Thanks Spotware! Please let me know if there is any additional information or screenshots/videos I can provide that would make things easier for you guys to diagnose these issues. For now my current solution is to remote into my PC at home running cTrader, which has it's advantages and disadvantages but I would like the option of using the web version as needed.

Same question here.

There are A LOT of problems with cTrader Web.

(Yosemite/safari or firefox or chrome or maxthon or...)

- often cpu will go to 100% and charts will freeze (with mac os ball turning) this is VERY BAD as I can't modify trades when this happens or close losing positions.

- can't save templates properly (e.g.. candle borders will always be green?! have to change them each time I apply the template... tried many times)

- workspaces... it often charges "my workspace" even if I have other saved ones, and one out of a few times, just charges the default "my workspace" and my one is lost.

- fibonacci levels personalization do not stick, have to redo them each time

- etc......

Please do a native macos version! Please!

@Alcibiade

xlix
11 Sep 2015, 17:38

I agree.

Many users need cTrader for Mac.

@xlix

Spotware
11 Sep 2015, 17:53

RE: RE:

Alcibiade said:

-FreshFromTheGrave said:

Same question here.

There are A LOT of problems with cTrader Web.

(Yosemite/safari or firefox or chrome or maxthon or...)

- often cpu will go to 100% and charts will freeze (with mac os ball turning) this is VERY BAD as I can't modify trades when this happens or close losing positions.

- can't save templates properly (e.g.. candle borders will always be green?! have to change them each time I apply the template... tried many times)

- workspaces... it often charges "my workspace" even if I have other saved ones, and one out of a few times, just charges the default "my workspace" and my one is lost.

- fibonacci levels personalization do not stick, have to redo them each time

- etc......

Please do a native macos version! Please!

Dear Alcibiade,

Thank you for reporting it. We will investigate.

Currently we do not plan to implement a cTrader version for Mac OS. If it collects enough votes on http://vote.spotware.com/ we will consider implementing it. 

Additionally you can vote for it in: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/6586009-ctrader-for-mac

@Spotware