Need serious improvement

Created at 01 Jun 2015, 17:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GS

GS66

Joined 12.04.2015

Need serious improvement
01 Jun 2015, 17:39

Please take a look at what can happens with Ctrader that do not allows for specifying  slippage on PendingOrder.

@GS66
Replies

GS66
01 Jun 2015, 17:46

48 Pips slippage!!!!  You guys need to do some serious work on your platform. Stop and Limit Order MUST allow for Slippage.

@GS66

fxMinnow
02 Jun 2015, 02:16

slippage,

It is conditional on your broker and their LPs.

Contact your broker.

@fxMinnow

GS66
05 Jun 2015, 17:02

LPs are almost the same for any broker. Today, on NFP event I've done various tests, with two different broker, both are very good and reputable (I do not want to release names). Here're the results on GBP/USD: both broker executed the order with approx 50 pips slippage, both broker executed stop loss at -100 pips instead of -26 pips. As long as Spotware does no insert the slippage parameter on the Stop Order these type of results will be always the norm and not the exceptions, so  Stay away from big news. Take Cara

@GS66

fxMinnow
05 Jun 2015, 23:27

RE:

GS66 said:

LPs are almost the same for any broker. Today, on NFP event I've done various tests, with two different broker, both are very good and reputable (I do not want to release names). Here're the results on GBP/USD: both broker executed the order with approx 50 pips slippage, both broker executed stop loss at -100 pips instead of -26 pips. As long as Spotware does no insert the slippage parameter on the Stop Order these type of results will be always the norm and not the exceptions, so  Stay away from big news. Take Cara

Hi,

Check post #7.

I think ctrader is better than trashy meta.

Did you check meta at the time?

@fxMinnow

fxMinnow
05 Jun 2015, 23:28

RE:

GS66 said:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8292415#post8292415

post#7

@fxMinnow

fxMinnow
06 Jun 2015, 00:13

RE:

GS66 said:

LPs are different each brokers.

@fxMinnow

kricka
06 Jun 2015, 02:27

Slippage is of great concern for the trader

Slippage is a great concern for the trader. Does it vary between brokers, yes it does. One broker can have less slippage then another one at a specific time. It all comes down to how many liquid providers are connected to the brokerages network.of LP,s. The more LP's that are connected to a broker the less slippage and the less spread of course. A broker with just a few LP,s the trader is more at risk that slippage will occur. Also trading news differs between brokers. One broker can handle it just perfectly with no excessive slippage, another one you'll get greater slippage. So what broker is recommended? It's a trial and error journey for the trader to test different brokers in a live account to really experience it and get proof of how the broker treats the overall performance for the trader in different scenarios.

@kricka

GS66
06 Jun 2015, 12:35

This post was removed by moderator.

@GS66

Spotware
10 Jun 2015, 12:15

Dear Traders,

Please note that there is no need in supporting slippage in limit orders because limit orders are always executed by the target price or better. We will consider your suggestion about stop limit orders (slippage for stop orders). Additionally you can vote for this idea in: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5426469-slippage-tolerance-for-stop-limit-orders

@Spotware