Crosshair for drawing tools

Created at 16 Mar 2015, 16:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

DavalRista

Joined 02.12.2014

Crosshair for drawing tools
16 Mar 2015, 16:09

Hello,

is there any plan to implement keyboard shortcuts for drawing tools so we can use them when pin-pointing something on a chart with Crosshair instead of losing that precision by clicking on the UI for a specific drawing tool? Or even better idea would be to implement a crosshair just for drawing (this is an issue for me when drawing Fib retracements because vertical lines matters for me also) - a perfect example of what I mean would be a "Cross" option used by tradingview.com

Kind regards.

@DavalRista
Replies

Spotware
16 Mar 2015, 17:09

Dear Trader,

In desktop version of cTrader you can use the following shortcuts:

• Middle mouse or Ctrl+C - Crosshair
  • Ctrl+D - Market snapshot tool

We will consider adding shortcuts for other chart tools.

@Spotware

DavalRista
16 Mar 2015, 18:18

Thank you for your response and I really hope you do, but I have to insist - what do you think about the idea of drawing tool cross having extended dashed lines across a whole chart - I really think it is a big deal. Besides Fib. retracement, it would also come handy in drawing straight short trendlines (instead of drawing horizontal trendlines across whole chart) and similar with drawing a rectangle - it really adds to precision, efficiency and clarity of a chart which I believe is very important, especially for very low timeframes.

Thank you again.

@DavalRista

Spotware
17 Mar 2015, 17:51

Dear Trader, 

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it. We can also recommend you to post it to vote.spotware.com.

@Spotware