Tick Chart Load Time - How long should it take??

Created at 12 Mar 2015, 16:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EM

emeeder

Joined 06.05.2014 Blocked

Tick Chart Load Time - How long should it take??
12 Mar 2015, 16:54

How long should it take for the tick chart to load up.

I use the 34Tick chart a lot and it takes 5+ minutes to load the chart.

It is really bad if there is a internet connection glitch and suddenly in the middle of trading i cant see my chart for 5 minutes.

Of course i jump right over to the minute chart, but still, how long should it take for this chart to load up??

I have 2 - 34T charts open

as well as normally about 4 other charts (1 min and 5 min)

Can someone let me know if this time to load the Tick chart is normal.

Thanks

Replies

fxMinnow
14 Mar 2015, 15:44

RE:

I gave up tick charts.

How long should it take for the tick chart to load up.

I use the 34Tick chart a lot and it takes 5+ minutes to load the chart.

It is really bad if there is a internet connection glitch and suddenly in the middle of trading i cant see my chart for 5 minutes.

Of course i jump right over to the minute chart, but still, how long should it take for this chart to load up??

I have 2 - 34T charts open

as well as normally about 4 other charts (1 min and 5 min)

Can someone let me know if this time to load the Tick chart is normal.

Thanks

@fxMinnow

Spotware
17 Mar 2015, 12:48

Dear traders,

We know about performance issues related to tick charts. We plan to optimize loading in future releases.

@Spotware

fxMinnow
20 Apr 2015, 01:24

RE:

tick chart is white elephant.

Did you also give up?

or, Is it almost impossible?

Spotware said:

Dear traders,

We know about performance issues related to tick charts. We plan to optimize loading in future releases.

@fxMinnow

smacznykonsek
29 Apr 2015, 16:54

I also have this issue. Sometimes it loads up faster, sometimes slower on my home PC (15Mb broadband speed) which is anything between 1 and 10 min. But at work it loads usually faster, sometimes within seconds (we have 20Mb broadband at work) - so not sure this has anything to do with broadband or computer speed. And that's with only one chart (13 ticks) open in cTrader (I use MT4 for the rest of charting). Another issue is the delay of tick chart that occasionally happens (during price busy periods) so that the tick chart is few seconds delayed against mt4 feed (both from the same broker).. Hope there will be a solution to that soon.

Michael

@smacznykonsek

fxMinnow
30 Apr 2015, 00:25

RE:

My home PC is 100MB optic LAN.

tick charts loading speed

1tick>2tick>...10tick>13tick>21tick>34tick

smacznykonsek said:

I also have this issue. Sometimes it loads up faster, sometimes slower on my home PC (15Mb broadband speed) which is anything between 1 and 10 min. But at work it loads usually faster, sometimes within seconds (we have 20Mb broadband at work) - so not sure this has anything to do with broadband or computer speed. And that's with only one chart (13 ticks) open in cTrader (I use MT4 for the rest of charting). Another issue is the delay of tick chart that occasionally happens (during price busy periods) so that the tick chart is few seconds delayed against mt4 feed (both from the same broker).. Hope there will be a solution to that soon.

Michael

@fxMinnow