Creating a lightweight screener

Created at 02 Sep 2024, 09:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KA

karatedog

Joined 09.07.2024

Creating a lightweight screener
02 Sep 2024, 09:12

I'm still getting to know the cTrader ecosystem and I decided to create a lightweight screener for practicing purposes.

I found a free Forex and Crypto screener which I have downloaded but they turned out to be essentially Tradingview embeds or someone took an enormous time to make it look like as the current Tradingview Screener.

Past forum posts we not providing too much information.

What is a Screener?:

A Screener is essentially a tool that scans a lot of symbols for certain conditions or just display their computed state. Like their change in percent since 15/30/60 minutes ago, or their price movement in the pre-market session or since the normal trading hours started. The limit to these conditions are endless, whatever you can imagine and code.

Momentum traders can for instance select those stocks that have moved a lot in a very short amount of time (both “lot” and “very short” defined in numbers), have a certain range of volume traded and, say, the stock prices is between $2 and $20.

The screener functionality is that it would ideally be able to show the few interesting symbols out 5000+ in a very short amount, like updated every minute.

Would there be any material that worth reading/watching on how to create such a tool? Like dynamically getting the list of instruments, make some computation on them, display them in a user-consumable style in a separate window, etc.

Thanks

@karatedog