An easy way to load multiple instances.

Created at 28 Aug 2024, 21:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DR

driftingprogrammer

Joined 08.12.2019

An easy way to load multiple instances.
28 Aug 2024, 21:22

Hi,

I am looking for an easy way to load many instances of a cBot. I have eight cBots with 50 instances each. It takes me unto 5 hours to individually add them on cTrader.

Ideally there should have been a way to add multiple instances to a cBot by providing multiple .cbot files in the file open menu but I cannot see any such thing on cTrader.

Is there a quicker way to add instances to cbot, is there no way to tell a particular cBot to load all the instances of .cbot files in a particular directory.

Thanks in advance.

@driftingprogrammer
Replies

firemyst
29 Aug 2024, 01:49 ( Updated at: 29 Aug 2024, 05:15 )

It would be nice, but right now I don't believe there is any such functionality – it's a manual process.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Aug 2024, 05:39

Hi there,

There is no such feature at the moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

afhacker
29 Aug 2024, 10:57 ( Updated at: 29 Aug 2024, 14:03 )

Hi,

If you want to you can do this programmatically, you can use ChartRobots API to add robot instances to chart and set each instance parameter values separately.

Or you can use a plugin to manage all your cBot instances with same API.

Checkout these plugin samples:

ctrader-algo-samples/Plugins/ChartRobots Sample at main · spotware/ctrader-algo-samples (github.com)

ctrader-algo-samples/Plugins/AlgoRegistry Sample at main · spotware/ctrader-algo-samples (github.com)

@afhacker