cTrader alert setting is not user-friendly

Created at 23 Aug 2024, 20:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 19.12.2021

cTrader alert setting is not user-friendly
23 Aug 2024, 20:26

When adding an alert in a chart, can we choose to have it play a sound without displaying a pop-up window? Currently, it either displays a pop-up and plays a sound, or does neither. Can we add settings for "Display pop-up and play sound" and "Only play sound", with the ability to set the number of times and interval for the sound to play? If you could reference the settings in MT4, that would be great, as MT4 fully meets these requirements.

@910247359
Replies

firemyst
26 Aug 2024, 02:15

First, this needs to go in the “Suggestions” forum as Spotware doesn't look here for suggested improvements. This is for technical help.

Second, if it can't wait, I would write your own indicator that will do this for you. I agree cTrader's alerts are 3rd/4th class compared to other platforms out there like MT4 and ThinkTrader's. I don't think Spotware's priority at the moment is improving their alerting functionality as it hasn't changed much in the last 5-8 years. So yeah, probably best way to do this is write your own indicator that monitors prices for you and plays an alert sound meeting your requirements. 

@firemyst