Significant Discrepancy in Swap Rates during Backtesting on AUDCAD

Created at 11 Aug 2024, 14:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
G.

G.A.F

Joined 04.08.2022

Significant Discrepancy in Swap Rates during Backtesting on AUDCAD
11 Aug 2024, 14:54

I am experiencing a significant issue with swap rate calculations during backtesting on cTrader, using the platform directly from Spotware. The problem arises with the swap rates for the AUDCAD pair, which appear to be excessively high and are distorting all the statistics.

Currently, in cTrader version 5.0.29, I am seeing the following swap rates:

• Swap Long: 0.15
  • Swap Short: -2.85

I have cross-checked these rates with several broker comparison websites, but I couldn't find any other broker offering swap rates similar to those provided by Spotware's cTrader. The difference between the Long and Short swap rates is extremely high and doesn't align with industry standards.

This discrepancy is severely affecting the accuracy of my backtest results. Could you please investigate this issue and provide clarification or a solution?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

@G.A.F
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Aug 2024, 05:24

Hi there,

Spotware cTrader is used for demonstration purposes only and the settings are not kept up to date. If you wish to backtest on realistic market data, it is better to use your broker's demo account.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous