cTrader can't handle the situation when an account is closed while running bots

Created at 18 Jul 2024, 00:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FI

firemyst

Joined 26.03.2019

cTrader can't handle the situation when an account is closed while running bots
18 Jul 2024, 00:25

Hello Team @Spotware:

Here's another potential bug in cTrader. Earlier today I had a live account deleted from a broker (Pepperstone) I no longer wished to be trading with. I also have 2 demo accounts and another live account with another broker (Fusion Markets).

When my live Pepperstone account was deleted, all my running bot instances instantly switched my account to “Demo *0*”.

If I stopped the bots, they wouldn't restart; I couldn't set them back to an account.

I closed cTrader and restarted – nothing. This was the result:

I left it like that for about 7 minutes.

The only way I found to fix it was to close cTrader again, relaunch, and then click on the “Trade” tab. Once a chart came up, I was then able to switch back to the “Algo” tab to see updated account information and restart my bots.

I can't send debugging information now as obviously I've restarted cTrader twice.

However, to reproduce, these are the steps:

Have 2 live accounts and 2 demo accounts. One live account with Pepperstone; the other accounts with Fusion Markets.
asked Pepperstone to delete my live account.
an hour later, I looked at cTrader and that's where the accounts switched to “Demo *0*” where I couldn't do anything.
Restart cTrader. Algo tab information never loads.
Switch to “trade” tab and wait for chart/account information to load.
switch back to algo tab and bots are now usable again.

All of this happened about 15 minutes before Spotware decided to do their maintenance updates yesterday, so who knows if that was part of the issue.

@firemyst
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jul 2024, 08:49

Hi firemyst, 

We were not able to reproduce this behavior. It could have been a result of yesterday's outage. Let us know if it happens again.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous