My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

Created at 30 May 2024, 05:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EM

emanuelgornic

Joined 02.06.2023

My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot
30 May 2024, 05:56

Hello. I have a problem with ctrader, it freezes if I leave it open longer. I start the bot and leave the PC prone and after a while, about a few minutes, sometimes an hour, it freezes, the bot no longer works, I can no longer click on anything, the charts are not updated, and if I press X to close my program the window appears in which I choose to give YES or NO, but I press YES or NO and nothing happens, I have to close it from the task manager and start it again. The problem is that the bot does not work during this time. Do you know the cause of this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still doesn't work.

My PC: Ryzen 5 2600X 6/12 thread 3600 up to 4250 mhz, 16 gb ram, gpu RX 570

@emanuelgornic
Replies

firemyst
02 Jun 2024, 12:06 ( Updated at: 03 Jun 2024, 05:09 )

I have the same issue! For me, it always occurs on Renko Charts. 

Other users have reported this issue as well, so we're not alone:

https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-algo/44014

https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-algo/44016

I've made a video showing the issue, and will try to email Spotware soon showing the problem when I can upload the video to YouTube.

@firemyst

... Deleted by UFO ...

firemyst
03 Jun 2024, 10:25 ( Updated at: 03 Jun 2024, 10:53 )

RE: My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi guys,

Thank you for contacting Spotware. If you are looking to delete your demo accounts, you can  use the link below. Please make sure you have closed all your positions and canceled all your orders before deleting your accounts.

https://id.ctrader.com/my/settings/accounts

You can use the link below to delete your cTrader ID. Note that in order to delete your cTrader ID, all your accounts need to be deleted first.

https://id.ctrader.com/my/settings/credentials 

Best regards, 

You didn't respond to the poster's concerns about cTrader and cBots freezing on users. Is @Spotware actually aware of and investigating this issue? 

Or do you need to see a video of it happening?

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jun 2024, 10:56

RE: RE: My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

firemyst said: 

Hi guys,

Thank you for contacting Spotware. If you are looking to delete your demo accounts, you can  use the link below. Please make sure you have closed all your positions and canceled all your orders before deleting your accounts.

You can use the link below to delete your cTrader ID. Note that in order to delete your cTrader ID, all your accounts need to be deleted first.

Best regards, 

You didn't respond to the poster's concerns about cTrader and cBots freezing on users. Is @Spotware actually aware of and investigating this issue? 

Hi firemyst,

Sorry I responded to the wrong post. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
03 Jun 2024, 12:41 ( Updated at: 04 Jun 2024, 05:26 )

RE: RE: RE: My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

firemyst said: 

Hi guys,

Best regards, 

Hi firemyst,

Sorry I responded to the wrong post. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

I can't do the trouble shooting information. cTrader COMPLETELY freezes. The only way to do anything is to kill it in task manager. 

That's the problem. Something in this latest release causes it to complete freeze up, yet leaving the rest of the computer responsive.

I will post a video. 

@firemyst

firemyst
03 Jun 2024, 13:09 ( Updated at: 04 Jun 2024, 05:26 )

firemyst said: 

Hi guys,

Best regards, 

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

I have sent an email to community @ spotware with a private youtube link where the issue can be viewed, steps on how to reproduce, and a zip archive with an algo file, cs file, cbotset file, and a README file with all the information that should be needed to reproduce. 

Strong suggestion: I would have some overlapping logger going on, because when cTrader freezes, it's toast. There's no way to get into anything in it, including any logging tabs or other areas. 

@firemyst

scottylace
05 Jun 2024, 12:09 ( Updated at: 06 Jun 2024, 10:17 )

@firemyst thank you for sharing all of that information, I'm encountering a similar issue, running multiple instances (~6) of the same CBot seems to cause the app to completely freeze after 6 or so hours. The CBot logic hasn't changed since the 5.x.x version launches and it ran fine on previous versions with no issues

@scottylace

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Jun 2024, 10:20

scottylace said: 

@firemyst thank you for sharing all of that information, I'm encountering a similar issue, running multiple instances (~6) of the same CBot seems to cause the app to completely freeze after 6 or so hours. The CBot logic hasn't changed since the 5.x.x version launches and it ran fine on previous versions with no issues

Hi scottylace,

Could you please also send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

scottylace
06 Jun 2024, 11:45 ( Updated at: 06 Jun 2024, 13:53 )

scottylace said: 

Hi scottylace,

Could you please also send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

CTrader completely freezes for me as well to the point where I have to kill it using Task Manager so it's not possible to report troubleshooting information through the app. I could try it before the app inevitably freezes if that's of any use? 

@scottylace

firemyst
06 Jun 2024, 12:46 ( Updated at: 06 Jun 2024, 13:53 )

scottylace said: 

Hi scottylace,

Best regards,

He probably can't. He said the issue causes “the app to completely freeze”, which is the same issue everyone else is having. 

cTrader completely freezes, meaning users cannot provide that trouble shooting information through the cTrader app because we can't click into the area to send it, or even get the cTrader app to respond – as per the link to the private video link I sent the Community@Spotware to see the issue first hand. 

Have the team not been able to reproduce it with all the information and code I sent? I did another test today, and cTrader froze completely for me once again today. We're going to need a rollback soon if the issue isn't resolved because people are losing the ability to run their cBots.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Jun 2024, 06:19

firemyst said: 

scottylace said: 

Hi scottylace,

Best regards,

He probably can't. He said the issue causes “the app to completely freeze”, which is the same issue everyone else is having. 

cTrader completely freezes, meaning users cannot provide that trouble shooting information through the cTrader app because we can't click into the area to send it, or even get the cTrader app to respond – as per the link to the private video link I sent the Community@Spotware to see the issue first hand. 

Have the team not been able to reproduce it with all the information and code I sent? I did another test today, and cTrader froze completely for me once again today. We're going to need a rollback soon if the issue isn't resolved because people are losing the ability to run their cBots.

The team is investigating your report

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
11 Jun 2024, 08:28

My cTrader desktop versions updated to 5.0.25 today and the “freezing” issue is still there (occurred in less than 15 minutes when starting all my bot instances), so still can't run bots! :-(

@firemyst

scottylace
11 Jun 2024, 10:01

I’ve upgraded to 5.0.25, haven’t encountered freezing yet but I’m expecting it at some point over the next few hours with the CBots running if it hasn’t been solved for you firemyst.

I‘ve reported a technical issue through the app anyway in case it reveals any useful information (i.e. developing memory leak) prior to the freeze actually occurring 

@scottylace

scottylace
12 Jun 2024, 05:41

Freezing issue still remains 😢

@scottylace

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Jun 2024, 05:46

scottylace said: 

Hi there,

The issue has not been resolved yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

karldawson99
21 Jun 2024, 06:54 ( Updated at: 21 Jun 2024, 10:31 )

scottylace said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I am experiencing the same issue. CTrader freezes within a couple of minutes of commencing a backtest, every time. It is currently unusable for me until this is resolved. Using version 5.0.25. Can we roll back to a previous version?

@karldawson99

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Jun 2024, 10:35

karldawson99 said: 

scottylace said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I am experiencing the same issue. CTrader freezes within a couple of minutes of commencing a backtest, every time. It is currently unusable for me until this is resolved. Using version 5.0.25. Can we roll back to a previous version?

Your broker should have an older version of cTrader

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
24 Jun 2024, 09:24

RE: RE: RE: RE: My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

Is the latest release supposed to fix the issue? My cTrader was just updated to this version today:

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jun 2024, 08:26

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: My ctrader freeze when i'm using my cbot

firemyst said: 

Is the latest release supposed to fix the issue? My cTrader was just updated to this version today:

Hi firemyst,

No, this release does not include fixes for this behavior.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous