CTrader responsivity

Created at 28 May 2024, 14:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LU

lukaszpe

Joined 16.06.2023

CTrader responsivity
28 May 2024, 14:41

Hello!

I'd like to know if anybody has such problems, especially people with older PCs.

My PC:
Intel Xeon E5-2665 v0 @ 8x2.4GHz
32G RAM
DELL T3600 Mobo with Intel C600 Chipset

That is quite old PC but does it's job.

I am using CTrader with custom Indicators (3 on each chart to be exact) with 16 tick charts on 3 displays.

Problem is that after a while CTrader loses responsivity and I cannot do antyhing. I have to restart program and then everything seems to work again but program simply sluggish…
what could be done to improve the situation?

By the way - all other programs are blazing fast…

New PC is out of question ATM…

Best,
Łukasz

@lukaszpe
Replies

Tarek.ElRaey
28 May 2024, 15:52

i am using a Server with 48 cores and 128 GB RAM … CTRADER 5.x is a catastrophy .. apart from the cloud Algo capability the rest is all a disaster. I only activated cloud algos and configure them through web. i reverted back to Ctrader 4.x as Ctrader 5 is full of bugs and problems .. 

not at all satisfied with its interface nor performance 

@Tarek.ElRaey

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 May 2024, 05:37

Dear traders,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information when this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lukaszpe
29 May 2024, 17:09 ( Updated at: 30 May 2024, 05:39 )

RE: CTrader responsivity

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Dear traders,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information when this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello PanagiotisCharalampous!

I have sent two reports.

For testing purposes I have ran MT5 with same custom indicators as cTrader and must say, that the lag of cTrader is very big. On m1 chart (MT5 doeas not have tick charts)  delay after timeframe change was about 20 seconds. Next 30 -40 seconds have passed till the indicators were visible again.

One more thing - I've managed to download cTrader 4.1, but I am unable to login due to suspended broker. How to get around that?

Best regards,
Łukasz

@lukaszpe