Anyone having performance problems with the new version?

Created at 22 May 2024, 15:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LE

lech

Joined 20.05.2024

22 May 2024, 15:49

Everything is much slower.
5 minutes until cTrader was funded
Backtest extremely slow
problems with indicators
problems with optimization.
is this a beta version?

@lech
Replies

caputojr
22 May 2024, 17:20

Yes man, I'm experiencing issues like you mentioned since beggining of this month (I have been reporting them since day 1). After the update it got wild, and since then I cannot stay one single day with the platform open througout the day because suddenly indicators stop working, btw all built-in indicators. Then I have to restart the blessed updated platform. It's been hard to work like that.

I honestly don't know where the Product Manager had his head, if you walk thru the suggestion page there is not a single suggestion implemented in this update and I keep asking myself, why do they even have this suggestion page if they never listen to it? There is a suggestion to implement Risk Reward tool since 2017, can you believe it?

Let's see how this hotfix comes after all this complaints raised in here.

@caputojr

derangedlol
23 May 2024, 05:10

same here. my indicators (built in indicators like EMA) start to disappear and my charts keep reloading. super annoying

@derangedlol

firemyst
28 May 2024, 00:13

is this a beta version?

Speaking of issues, look how much more memory this new version requires. I used to be able to run 2 copies of version 4.18 on a VPS with 4GB of ram and still have plenty of memory space left over. 

Now when I start 2 copies of cTrader 5.0.xx on a VPS with 4GB of ram, there's only like 740k of memory left. The VPS hasn't changed, so it can't be blamed on Windows.

@firemyst