Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

Created at 17 May 2024, 08:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FA

fahim36912

Joined 22.03.2024

Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow
17 May 2024, 08:42

I'm using windows and the backtesting has suddenly become incredibly slow, I even removed the code from my onTick and onStart and it causes no change to the speed. Anyone else having this issue? I wish I didn't update

@fahim36912
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 May 2024, 10:37

Hi there,

Can you share your cBot code so that we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 10:46

RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Is there a way to share this privately?

@fahim36912

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 May 2024, 11:23

RE: RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

fahim36912 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

You can send it to community@ctrader.com

@PanagiotisCharalampous

padik11
17 May 2024, 11:25 ( Updated at: 17 May 2024, 11:31 )

RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I cannot share the bot codes.

During testing, no information is visible in the "Events" tab.

@padik11

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 11:29

RE: RE: RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

fahim36912 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

You can send it to community@ctrader.com

I've sent my code. Subject line: Regarding slow backtesting

@fahim36912

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 11:41

RE: RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

padik11 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

How slow is your backtesting? 

It seems to originate from any kind of nested for loops. Or for loops in general. It just hates them suddenly.

im honestly so frustrated ive been working on this project for months and now I can barely get through a day of backtesting since its barely 60x real time

@fahim36912

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 11:41

padik11 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It seems to originate from any kind of nested for loops. Or for loops in general. It just hates them suddenly.

im honestly so frustrated ive been working on this project for months and now I can barely get through a day of backtesting since its barely 60x real time

@fahim36912

Elon.Musk
17 May 2024, 11:51

Bot optimization progress

why it is not possible to see the bot Optimization progress on the left like before ?! I have to click on each bot now to see if it is being optimized or not unlike the old Ctrader where active optimization where immediately shown by a progress clock on the left so it was easier to quickly identify which bots are still optimizing 

@Elon.Musk

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 11:52

RE: Bot optimization progress

ctid6168533 said: 

why it is not possible to see the bot Optimization progress on the left like before ?! I have to click on each bot now to see if it is being optimized or not unlike the old Ctrader where active optimization where immediately shown by a progress clock on the left so it was easier to quickly identify which bots are still optimizing 

And they removed the easily accessible build button… man these were simple quality of life features that were great why did they remove them 

@fahim36912

padik11
17 May 2024, 12:17

RE: RE: RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

fahim36912 said: 

padik11 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The speed decreased by about 10 times

@padik11

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 15:03

RE: RE: RE: RE: Why is backtesting SO slow after the update? yesterday it was fine before I updated and now my cBot is ultra slow

padik11 said: 

fahim36912 said: 

padik11 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The speed decreased by about 10 times

Ridiculous. I've emailed the given address with my code so hopefully they can find a solution. I moved a lot of my code to onBar but some of it still needs to be in onTick. Anything with a for loop inside of it just makes cTrader go stupid

@fahim36912

Elon.Musk
17 May 2024, 17:25

Too Slow

my bot optimization is also becoming too slow with no possibility to visualize which instances are getting optimzied without click on each one individually.. 

I can't afford to optimize in such long duration. I am seriously thinking of reverting back to Ctrader 4.8 ( not sure why my Ctrader was actually foreced to update ) !! 

@Elon.Musk

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 17:29

RE: Too Slow

ctid6168533 said: 

my bot optimization is also becoming too slow with no possibility to visualize which instances are getting optimzied without click on each one individually.. 

I can't afford to optimize in such long duration. I am seriously thinking of reverting back to Ctrader 4.8 ( not sure why my Ctrader was actually foreced to update ) !! 

How do we revert back? Screw this update. 

@fahim36912

caputojr
17 May 2024, 17:31

RE: Too Slow

ctid6168533 said: 

Now I understand why the platform was presenting bugs all around since the beginning of this month. This is what I call worsening update overall.

@caputojr

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 17:37

RE: RE: Too Slow

caputojr said: 

ctid6168533 said: 

Now I understand why the platform was presenting bugs all around since the beginning of this month. This is what I call worsening update overall.

Basic quality of life features like the quick access build and add instance button in one compartment with the bot was perfect as is. They’ve effectively doubled the size of the damn list of cBots i have because they’ve designated an entire line underneath each bot for add instance. who thought any of this was remotely a good idea? I’ve been working on this project for hours every single day and now it takes over an hour to get through one day of historical tick data are you kidding me? Developers im FURIOUS 

@fahim36912

padik11
17 May 2024, 17:46 ( Updated at: 17 May 2024, 17:48 )

RE: RE: RE: Too Slow

fahim36912 said: 

caputojr said: 

ctid6168533 said: 

Basic quality of life features like the quick access build and add instance button in one compartment with the bot was perfect as is. They’ve effectively doubled the size of the damn list of cBots i have because they’ve designated an entire line underneath each bot for add instance. who thought any of this was remotely a good idea? I’ve been working on this project for hours every single day and now it takes over an hour to get through one day of historical tick data are you kidding me? Developers im FURIOUS 

Why isn't it like it was before?

@padik11

Elon.Musk
17 May 2024, 21:49 ( Updated at: 17 May 2024, 21:50 )

Rebuild your ALGO using .NET6.0

rebuild the ALgo using .net 6.0 and enjoy the speed 

let me know how it works with you 

@Elon.Musk

fahim36912
17 May 2024, 22:24 ( Updated at: 17 May 2024, 22:26 )

RE: Rebuild your ALGO using .NET6.0

ctid6168533 said: 

rebuild the ALgo using .net 6.0 and enjoy the speed 

let me know how it works with you 

isnt it always built in 6.0?

Edit: i've always built them in 6.0, the point is it's super slow now suddenly. even after moving most of my code to onBar instead of ontick its still very slow. it wasnt like this yesterday

@fahim36912

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 May 2024, 06:34

Hi all,

You can still use your broker's cTrader which has not been updated yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jim.tollan
22 May 2024, 12:28

Hi all,

You can still use your broker's cTrader which has not been updated yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

where's the slow handclap emoji :)

@jim.tollan