v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??

Created at 16 May 2024, 17:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NC

ncel01

Joined 19.03.2020

v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??
16 May 2024, 17:42

Hello,

Is it no longer possible to search and filter within the logs or, am I missing something?

@ncel01
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 May 2024, 05:59

Hi there,

Search was removed. Now you can open log file as txt files and search there

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
17 May 2024, 06:52

RE: v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

That I've noticed. Is this considered an improvement? 

With the built-in search function only the search results that matched the search were showing. There was also a filter (trading, information, warning, error).

I don't think that such features are available in notepad or similar app.

Regarding backtesting: I see the option of having a built-in search/ filter feature of much higher applicability  than an option to save the log as a .txt file.

In fact, I see both these options as complementary and not as incompatible.

Please note that, among other, it is not very practical to have to open external applications to check backtest data on every backtest iteration.

I can already tell you that, in my case, this will be a huge drawback when backtesting, since I am still expecting thousands of iterations to come.

@ncel01

ncel01
17 May 2024, 06:52

RE: v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

With the built-in search function only the search results that matched the search were showing. There was also a filter (trading, information, warning, error).

Regarding backtesting: I see the option of having a built-in search/ filter feature of much higher applicability  than an option to save the log as a .txt file.

Please note that, among other, it is not very practical to have to open external applications to check backtest data on every backtest iteration.

I can already tell you that, in my case, this will be a huge drawback when backtesting, since I am still expecting thousands of iterations to come.

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 May 2024, 07:48

RE: RE: v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??

ncel01 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

Hi, 

I will forward your feedback to the product team.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
17 May 2024, 11:14

RE: RE: RE: v5.0.19 Logs: search & filter - No longer possible ??

ncel01 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

Hi, 

I will forward your feedback to the product team.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

That's much appreciated. Thank you!

@ncel01