Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

Created at 08 May 2024, 16:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SA

said.moridi

Joined 06.05.2024

Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb
08 May 2024, 16:57

Hi, 

I am trying to create an indicator in C-trader desktop, but the mongodb does not seem to be supported. Is this correct, or is there a work around?

Said

@said.moridi
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 May 2024, 05:31

Hi there,

What do you mean when you say it is not supported?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

said.moridi
09 May 2024, 06:31

RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

we installed mongodb.driver external library is not support

we have our own data we need to plot those data inside the chart

@said.moridi

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 May 2024, 12:29

RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

we installed mongodb.driver external library is not support

we have our own data we need to plot those data inside the chart

Can you be more specific? Do you get any error messages?

@PanagiotisCharalampous

said.moridi
09 May 2024, 13:37

RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said: 

These are my errors

@said.moridi

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 May 2024, 05:29

RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

said: 

These are my errors

Hi there,

Make sure you are using the SDK compiler

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

said.moridi
12 May 2024, 20:51

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

Hi, 

Thanks. I did that and keep getting 2 errors

@said.moridi

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 May 2024, 06:22

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

Hi, 

Thanks. I did that and keep getting 2 errors

Hi there,

The messages are self explanatory. You are missing some namespaces from your projects. You would need to find the relevant libraries and reference them.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

said.moridi
13 May 2024, 20:21

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said: Thanks for the tips. Got the connection working. Only not plotting data. I think becouse I need to write a code to tell the database what data to send. Any tips or example python code?

@said.moridi

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 May 2024, 05:43

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

said: Thanks for the tips. Got the connection working. Only not plotting data. I think becouse I need to write a code to tell the database what data to send. Any tips or example python code?

I am not familiar with MongoDB, neither I understand what you are trying to do, sorry.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

said.moridi
14 May 2024, 20:57

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

Hi, sorry if I am not clear. My algo predicts price movement in a specific stock. Next 5, 15, 30 and 60 min. These data are continuesly updated in my database. What I am trying to do now is importing these 5 values and connect these 5 values to plot a line on the chart. The values refresh every 5 minutes.

So now that I made the connection work, i need to work on importing and plotting the data. Can you suggest an indicator that I can use the code off to modify for this purpose? I was thinking off the sma or ema.

@said.moridi

said.moridi
15 May 2024, 22:13

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

Hi, sorry if I am not clear. My algo predicts price movement in a specific stock. Next 5, 15, 30 and 60 min. These data are continuesly updated in my database. What I am trying to do now is importing these 5 values and connect these 5 values to plot a line on the chart. The values refresh every 5 minutes.

So now that I made the connection work, i need to work on importing and plotting the data. Can you suggest an indicator that I can use the code off to modify for this purpose? I was thinking off the sma or ema.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

@said.moridi

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 May 2024, 06:10

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Connecting C-trader desktop to mongodb

said.moridi said: 

said.moridi said: 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

I don't have any suggestions, sorry

@PanagiotisCharalampous